- FDJ
- Pjanic
- Grandpa

While for CBs
- Lenglet
- Pique
- Kid 1
- Broken Knees

When you have limited funds, you should prioritise, yet we are going for players in positions which are already stacked with numbers.

No 1. priority should be a a CB, then a technical strong DM (e.g. Partey), then look at fullbacks, and only then look at striker (Messi Griezmann Fati can all do a job there).

FinBarcelonafan

We have too many players in the central hole / AM position
- Messi
- Griezmann
- Coutinho
- Pedri
- Puig
- Alena
+Depay
+Wijnaldum

While for the pivots we have
- FDJ
- Pjanic
- Grandpa

While for CBs
- Lenglet
- Pique
- Kid 1
- Broken Knees

When you have limited funds, you should prioritise, yet we are going for players in positions which are already stacked with numbers.

No 1. priority should be a a CB, then a technical strong DM (e.g. Partey), then look at fullbacks, and only then look at striker (Messi Griezmann Fati can all do a job there).

Well said.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Lol. I specifically said I want us to sell Suarez, and that would be the best option. I don't know how many times I have to repeat the same thing.

I said many times that Messi and Suarez, the ones who stop us from having any speed, counter attacking potential and pressing up front need to go.

That's my whole point; You know he causes us issues yet you still want to give him game time to compound our issues rather than putting on someone with more energy and ambition to give them valuable experience that could potentially benefit much us more in the future.
He should be frozen out totally.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Koeman: "There have been moments of very good intensity, a little better in the second half."

Now we will have to see if he has to balls to bench the players that need to be benched.

xXKonan

We will have to wait and see how things go.

It's probably me being to optimistic but I think Koeman is in pretty good shape in terms of at least taking a chainsaw and making changes if needed. If we actually had money the process would probably be a lot more quicker.

FinBarcelonafan

Koeman: "There have been moments of very good intensity, a little better in the second half."

Now we will have to see if he has to balls to bench the players that need to be benched.

I truly hope this means what he says. No more Busi, no more old and stail Barca football. Koeman wants the team to be younger and faster.

Next coming weeks will be very interesting.

BUT if Busi is a guaranteed starter again.. We are fucked. Not sure how he is going to fit Coutinho/Griezmann to this team though.. no space. Messi is such a strategic problem. The best player in the world but almost impossible to use well without having nine Kantes on the pitch.

Although I think Messi is asset when breaking down busses but he really hurts our game Vs top teams where good team defending is necessary yada yada.

Last edited:

jamrock

Zidane won 3 CL base largely on Luck & playing players in there best most optimal position i hope he can at least do this, if nothing else.

Stop trying to shoehorn players into positions they don't fit so you can fit other players with brand names into the XI.

mc_lovin

I truly hope this means what he says. No more Busi, no more old and stail Barca football. Koeman wants the team to be younger and faster.

Next coming weeks will be very interesting.

BUT if Busi is a guaranteed starter again.. We are fucked. Not sure how he is going to fit Coutinho/Griezmann to this team though.. no space. Messi is such a strategic problem. The best player in the world but almost impossible to use well without having nine Kantes on the pitch.

Although I think Messi is asset when breaking down busses but he really hurts our game Vs top teams where good team defending is necessary yada yada.

This worries me the most. In a perfect world they would be both gone. You can put it on Messi all you want, but Griezmann and Coutinho would be bad fits even without him.

Messigician

📰 ? Riqui Puig is struggling to fit in Ronald Koeman's plan this season. The double pivot midfield the Dutchman is trying to implement does not have a clear position for the young Midfielder. The player is worried he might fall out of favor, but will give his best. [as] https://t.co/qT0y2snC3i

Home of Barca Fans