Ronald Koeman

ajnotkeith

Guys like Mingueza Demir Puig wouldn't make the bench at Chelsea. These are the guys Koeman is expected to give an important role whilst we are expected to challenge for LaLiga and CL. Not an attractive job and in fact I'd go as far as to say no good manager will want this job if challenging for titles is expected with such a poor squad.

serghei

Guys like Mingueza Demir Puig wouldn't make the bench at Chelsea. These are the guys Koeman is expected to give an important role whilst we are expected to challenge for LaLiga and CL. Not an attractive job and in fact I'd go as far as to say no good manager will want this job if challenging for titles is expected with such a poor squad.

Well, Chelsea is the best or joint best team in the world. We're not expected to challenge Chelsea anyway. So, don't see how that is relevant. Challenging for La Liga is obligatory, Madrid and Atletico are almost as mediocre as us. Challenging for CL is not something anyone really expects, including Laporta.

Last edited:

jamrock

Good post. But I think he'll have it easier this season if he played more young players, and not as many veterans. Both from Laporta and fans in general. The signal in the Bayern game was pretty clear from the Camp Nou crowd. We want to see more fresh faces, with talent and determination.

While I agree we should move towards youth, we still need some experience in the squad even off the bench to help us manage games at times, & pique still starts every game when fit for me until we get someone better.

It's pique plus araujo for me.

ajnotkeith

Well, Chelsea is the best or joint best team in the world. We're not expected to challenge Chelsea anyway. So, don't see how that is relevant.

So why are people getting mad we lost to Bayern with Ansu, Dembele, Aguero injured? Bayern is a top3 team in the world arguably and we had several very important players injured, leading us to have to start Luuk De Jong. Yes no shots on target etc it was a bad game, but when you are starting a striker who Sevilla couldn't even sell for free are you surprised you create no offense?

FinBarcelonafan

So why are people getting mad we lost to Bayern with Ansu, Dembele, Aguero injured? Bayern is a top3 team in the world arguably and we had several very important players injured, leading us to have to start Luuk De Jong. Yes no shots on target etc it was a bad game, but when you are starting a striker who Sevilla couldn't even sell for free are you surprised you create no offense?

Zero shots on target is the reason. At Camp Nou.

serghei

Zero shots on target is the reason. At Camp Nou.

This. We played worse vs Bayern than a decent Bundesliga side. Nobody expected to win the game, but we should have played better. I saw teams like Mainz and Koln play better while losing 1-3, 0-3, 1-4 or something like that. Even on Allianz.

ajnotkeith

This. We played worse vs Bayern than a decent Bundesliga side. Nobody expected to win the game, but we should have played better. I saw teams like Mainz and Koln play better while losing 1-3, 0-3, 1-4 or something like that. Even on Allianz.

Yes we can play better football you're right but Laporta doesn't understand this and is telling journos Koeman is expected to win LaLiga, such is the reason he's using tactics to try and grind out results and not to play good football.

Bobo32

Yeah, and even more damning, I am sure you saw Bayern seem to care a lot more against teams like those.
Bayern were cruising to that 0-3, the feeling was that they could've won with 9 if only they wanted to.

serghei

Yes we can play better football you're right but Laporta doesn't understand this and is telling journos Koeman is expected to win LaLiga, such is the reason he's using tactics to try and grind out results and not to play good football.

Yea, because he doesn't like Koeman. It's normal. You don't give too much room to managers you want to get rid of because you don't like how they do things. I personally like a president with a plan, and Laporta has his ideas, unlike Barto who was a human void in football matters.

Let's not forget Koeman was imposed on him by Bartomeu.

serghei

Yeah, and even more damning, I am sure you saw Bayern seem to care a lot more against teams like those.
Bayern were cruising to that 0-3, the feeling was that they could've won with 9 if only they wanted to.

They for sure didn't go guns blazing like idiots in a first group game. Played about as good as they had to, to secure an easy comfortable win. It was expected, not that prestigious to win against this Barca.

JamDav1982

Laporta doesnt have a plan at all and has been evident since day one.

Undermines Koeman which makes any coaches job harder, then decides to keep him and sign absolute duds like LDJ and when that player plays as a dud starts to look at sacking Koeman.

Came in not knowing what to do or having any alernatives ready and more or less decided to let world know didnt want Koeman then keeps him on.. most likely hoping get top 4 and out of group and can use Koeman to deflect and take the flak as he was 'Bartomeus Coach'.

Koeman can see right through it and not letting him get away with it and firing back.

Absolute shambles of a situation that Laporta has allowed to happen.

Bobo32

They for sure didn't go guns blazing like idiots in a first group game. Played about as good as they had to, to secure an easy comfortable win. It was expected, not that prestigious to win against this Barca.

Exactly, while Barcelona had all the reason to do something, but couldn't, and didn't even attempt to.
Koeman defended his approach and said he thought they'd lose more clearly if they didn't play 5ATB, and also very cheaply brought up the young players he played (mostly after the game was decided)
As overwhelmed as Barcelona were in that 8-2, they at least went for it then, they caused some trouble on their own, and 3 of the goals came in the last 10mins when they were already very much dead.

JamDav1982

The 8-2 was infinitely worse and with better players.

Idiotic to even compare them.

Bayern were pumping Barca no matter the approach the other night. Even with shite like LDJ not on the pitch.

vegitot

Koeman is not a good coach (in term of both man management and tactic on the pitch). But honestly, his conditions are really bad. His team is heavily damaged, the pressure is high (in transistion period but everyone wants good result, Mavericky), his president just want to fire him.

Home of Barca Fans