Samir Nasri

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
294qbgy.jpg

The number because he's going to cost that much!?

Barcafan 2304

:lol: complete waste of time. Wenger and the board aren't stupid enough to sell to a rival, especially Manchester United.

Would be like Roma selling De Rossi to Milan or Inter, yet still claiming they want to win the league.

I know, it would be like us selling someone like Figo to Real...oh yeah

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So with Modric being forced into winning no meaningful trophies by his club, Nasri is our next target it seems. I'm not a huge fan, but he'd probably do alright here and wouldn't complain if it was a decent price. Doubt it though.

Robbie

I know, it would be like us selling someone like Figo to Real...oh yeah

Different situation. Barca had not gone many years without winning anything and Barca fans weren't after their manager's head giving him a "last chance" like Gunners are doing with Wenger.

Wenger claims he will be active this season, is pretty well close to retirement (especially if he wins something), and just wants to be proven right on his youth project. Why would he sell his best player of last season to Alex Ferguson -- who had beaten him in title races for almost a decade? That would be the equivalent of throwing in the towel, just giving up and taking 25mil in exchange for guaranteeing not winning the title.

I dunno but that doesn't sound at all like Wenger to me. He's stubborn and proud to a fault and very much set in his ways. He would let Nasri leave for free if it meant that there was even a small chance of him going to another club out side of the PL next season.

Bergkamp10

The way I see it Wenger has 50% of the fans on his back wanting him out and he knows this. He's publicly made a point that he won't sell Nasri to United. If he turns around and sells Nasri to them then he'll cause even more fans unrest and he can't afford to do that right now. Sky have said we haven't yet received an offer from him and apparently they got that news from Arsenal and their other 'sources.'

Phillipe Auclair was on TalkSPORT earlier and he said that most of this Nasri shit has been caused by people not directly repping Nasri hawking him to other clubs.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
your never going to win anything if you have players who do not want to be there.... simple as that

Barcafan 2304

Different situation. Barca had not gone many years without winning anything and Barca fans weren't after their manager's head giving him a "last chance" like Gunners are doing with Wenger.

Wenger claims he will be active this season, is pretty well close to retirement (especially if he wins something), and just wants to be proven right on his youth project. Why would he sell his best player of last season to Alex Ferguson -- who had beaten him in title races for almost a decade? That would be the equivalent of throwing in the towel, just giving up and taking 25mil in exchange for guaranteeing not winning the title.

I dunno but that doesn't sound at all like Wenger to me. He's stubborn and proud to a fault and very much set in his ways. He would let Nasri leave for free if it meant that there was even a small chance of him going to another club out side of the PL next season.

Yeah, i was just trying to pull a funny is all......it went down like a lead balloon but there you go

Robbie

Regardless of what happens, we'll survive. Nasri went through a phenomenal half season but faded to nothing towards the end.

Just to compare, Nasri had 14 goals 2 assists, while Arshavin had 10 goals 18 assists. We're signing Gervinho and will definitely get Juan Mata if Nasri or Cesc goes. Add to the the Cahill and Samba rumours, and we're looking very healthy.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
To be fair to Nasri, his form took the turn to shit only after he was forced to return very early to play against us... still he fucked us the most

Robbie

To be fair to Nasri, his form took the turn to shit only after he was forced to return very early to play against us... still he fucked us the most

Arshavin actually scored a goal against you guys. Nasri just slowed play down and passed sideways a lot. He's only effective when he's given plenty of space and defenders stand off him. Watch any of his goals and you'll see what I'm talking about. When anyone presses and hustles Nasri, he passes backwards or slows down completely.

Robbie

You could have picked better goals to prove your point :slap:

Goal#1: Arshavin cuts out 4 defenders with a great pass, and instead of scoring with his first touch he dances around in the box trying to get it on his favoured foot. It looks great for the cameras but 9 times out of 10 he ends up getting dispossessed. The worst thing ever is trailing and needing Nasri to equalize, because he slows down every counter and tries to score the perfect goal instead of just kicking it in the net.

Goal#2: Are you serious? The Porto defenders don't make a single tackle, don't shoulder barge, push with their hands, etc. They just stand there staring at the ball until he scores.

Bergkamp10

Nasri is an excellent player and I'll be gutted if he leaves because he has potential to be world class. He has his faults, hecan slow the play down at times and he can go missing but the first part of last season showed exactly what he was capable of and whoever gets him will be getting a special player. Really hope he signs a new deal.

Home of Barca Fans