Samuel Umtiti

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Missed the game and read the posts here. Sounds like it's a split decision on his game.
It was quarter finals but also it was Iceland.

Jurij

What the hell is wrong with people? Already saying he will fail and that he is crap? Come on. He has not played a single game for us. And he plays for France that is in the semifinal. How is that a bad thing? He is only 22 and can have a huge career infront of him. People need to wait and see or just not guess on random things. Even if we sell him in 2 years time it will be for 30-35m. Not 25m.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Missed the game and read the posts here. Sounds like it's a split decision on his game.
It was quarter finals but also it was Iceland.

It was also his first game for France's senior team. And the whole of France's defense was a bit of a mess especially after Koscielny was subbed out.

On a more positive note, he completed 77/77 of the passes he made tonight. :xavi:

xXKonan

It was also his first game for France's senior team. And the whole of France's defense was a bit of a mess especially after Koscielny was subbed out.

On a more positive note, he completed 77/77 of the passes he made tonight. :xavi:
[tw]749707697180794880[/tw]

:lucho2:

KingLeo10

some of the forum members are an embarrassment at times, all this time there was an outcry for a young CB that we could hopefully develop into a great one yet now all of a sudden in his first international outing in a quarter final of the euro, he is supposed to be a finished product.

gregorrin10

What the hell is wrong with people? Already saying he will fail and that he is crap? Come on. He has not played a single game for us. And he plays for France that is in the semifinal. How is that a bad thing? He is only 22 and can have a huge career infront of him. People need to wait and see or just not guess on random things. Even if we sell him in 2 years time it will be for 30-35m. Not 25m.

Those who are saying that he is crap etc. are people, who underestimate him just because his name isn't 'Hummels' or Thiago Silva'. And because they are too little of an expert to actually know and watch Umtiti before he started being linked to Barca, they don't recognize what kind of a gem we actually got...and for a mere 25 mil. We might be talking about one of the deals of the summer :hooray:

xXKonan

Deschamps, had some nice words for Umtiti after the game.

"He really confirmed everything that I've thought of him and everything that he's been able to demonstrate in training," he said.
"Clearly he is a good defender. He is relatively calm and he played his part in making sure that we defended well.
"I gave him a bit of problem in the second half because I put him on to the right [of the central defenders] because I did not want to take any more risks with Laurent Koscielny, who was a booking away from a ban.
"I was not concerned because he is a very relaxed individual."

khaled_a_d

I am not sure what is the argument here about,All what [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] said is that he didn't like the guy performance and he isn't convinced.
I mean this is a forum,he just stated his opinion and he didn't say it is a fact or that it came from an intensive scouting from him.suddenly everyone is arguing how he should have watched more or bringing Stones to the discussion?And since when people should mention every game they watched when talking about a player?
He is a new player and everyone can say his impression about him whether it is after 1st game or 1st 10 minutes.People were cursing Douglas after his 1st game in the club too and there wasn't many "have you watched him b4' arguments,same for Gumbau and the list goes on.
I mean I've had my share with long boring discussion with the guy,but you are a bit too harsh on him this time IMHO

Last edited:

God Serena

I am not sure what is the argument here about,All what [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] said is that he didn't like the guy performance and he isn't convinced.
I mean this is a forum,he just stated his opinion and he didn't say it is a fact or that it came from an intensive scouting from him.suddenly everyone is arguing how he should have watched more or bringing Stones to the discussion?And since when people should mention every game they watched when talking about a player?
He is a new player and everyone can say his impression about him whether it is after 1st game or 1st 10 minutes.People were cursing Douglas after his 1st game in the club too and there wasn't many "have you watched him b4' arguments,same for Gumbau and the list goes on.
I mean I've had my share with long boring discussion with the guy,but you are a bit too harsh on him this time IMHO

You know, when I first joined the forum (The first time) I had a hard time figuring you out.

Now I realize you're an eternal devil's advocate. You might even argue both sides...

khaled_a_d

You know, when I first joined the forum (The first time) I had a hard time figuring you out.

Now I realize you're an eternal devil's advocate. You might even argue both sides...

I am not a devil advocate,but yes I could argue both sides if people went too far with their argument

Home of Barca Fans