Samuel Umtiti

God Serena

What on earth are you on about? What am I pulling out my ass?

So every player that is signed is a success? Your arguments get worse.

At least try to keep up with your own nonsense.

I have said from what I have seen of him I am not convinced he is good enough not that he has been all BAD.

And you have also not said anything about how much you've seen of him other than "I've seen him before".

Says evrything that you cant actually argue any point but how much I have seen of him. Something you have no idea about.

You're not making any points to argue other than "He's poor. He's always poor when I see him. Not good enough." The only argument that can be made is "You probably don't watch him very much", which is probably an accurate assumption considering you're only raising your pitchfork after seeing his debut for France in the Euros.

Not saying I have seen every Lyon game and I doubt you have seen much more. I am saying FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN I am not convinced.

His status as Lyon's best center back at his age is plenty enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt that you are refusing to give. If he comes here and pulls an Arda Turan I'll be the first to point it out, but making snap judgments on a player who you have little exposure to certainly isn't the best way to welcome a player to the club.

BigBarcaBoy

Umtiti and Pique would be a disaster at the back. I can already feel it..

love the optimism, judging umtiti on one game is ridiculous.as for stones, 50 million olis utterly ridiculous for someone who struggles with the basic essentials of defending

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For what it's worth he had an okay game.

Expected for a guy making his debut, in a QF too. Let's see how he does for Barça or France if he gets another chance this tournament, although Rami will likely be back.

Wick

Didn't want to lurk any longer.

People here on seem to focus on few negative incidents (i.e. losing a couple duels in the beginning) to push their narrative that Umtiti isn't good enough for Barca.

Umtiti was calm on the ball and solid in passing. In the 1st half he blocked a shot from short range, which could have been a goal for Iceland (https://streamable.com/b1cs). People blaming him for the first Iceland goal are unfair, when he was left with more than one man because Matuidi was nowhere to be seen. The second goal had nothing to do with him.

Given the context he did fine. Certainly not awful, poor or anything is close to it as some people state.

JamDav1982

Have supposedly watched many games of the guy --> is asked which games

Doesn't reply.

That way everyone can say they've seen the guy and form an opinion lol

I didnt reply because if people dont believe I have watched enough I dont care.

If that is the point they want to stick on then fair enough.

What answer will people be happy with? One game? Two? Five? Ten?

F

Flavia

Didn't want to lurk any longer.

People here on seem to focus on few negative incidents (i.e. losing a couple duels in the beginning) to push their narrative that Umtiti isn't good enough for Barca.

Umtiti was calm on the ball and solid in passing. In the 1st half he blocked a shot from short range, which could have been a goal for Iceland (https://streamable.com/b1cs). People blaming him for the first Iceland goal are unfair, when he was left with more than one man because Matuidi was nowhere to be seen. The second goal had nothing to do with him.

Given the context he did fine. Certainly not awful, poor or anything is close to it as some people state.

Welcome to the forum!

God Serena

You could just answer the question of if you watched him play consistently, but the answer to that is obviously no, which is probably the real reason you're refusing to answer it in the first place.

JamDav1982

At least try to keep up with your own nonsense.

And you have also not said anything about how much you've seen of him other than "I've seen him before".

You're not making any points to argue other than "He's poor. He's always poor when I see him. Not good enough." The only argument that can be made is "You probably don't watch him very much", which is probably an accurate assumption considering you're only raising your pitchfork after seeing his debut for France in the Euros.

His status as Lyon's best center back at his age is plenty enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt that you are refusing to give. If he comes here and pulls an Arda Turan I'll be the first to point it out, but making snap judgments on a player who you have little exposure to certainly isn't the best way to welcome a player to the club.

You are the one speaking nonsense in that no one can disagree with Barcas scouts.

Never said 'he is poor, every time I see him he is poor'. More lies from you.

CatalinR10

NOT BARCA MATERIAL !!!

I didn't watch the game at all and didn't even know who he was before we signed him but I agree with the forum.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

If you're going to go with the 'I've seen him play' then it's fair for people to question which games. Not how many, but which ones. Just as some examples.

Would be interesting to re-watch those games too. At least I would like to. I don't know much about the guy except for what I've seen from Lyon fans.

I registered on their English forum recently. Not that active, but you get response there.

Will see how he does here first.

oneirophobos

He did fine, considering the special circumstances of this particular match or without. I see the pitchforks are out though, so I'm getting my ass out of this thread before my butt cheeks suffer any discomfort.

Home of Barca Fans