Samuel Umtiti

Barcilliant

THIS FORUM!!!

Lol. The grass is always greener on the other side. Stones is a very average player. In fact he's only slightly better then Batra. He's English too so his mentality and technique are suspect.

If another club had signed Umtiti for 25 million everyone here would have been ranting about how shit our board is. How we should have signed him etc.

Umtiti was decent today and he will improve.

Alot of the "supporters" here will have to readjust their expectations once Messi, Pique, Suarez, Busquets are gone. People here have no patience here.

It is clear there are alot of young entitled fans here who will stop supporting the club once we're no longer a dominant force in world football.

JamDav1982

THIS FORUM!!!

Lol. The grass is always greener on the other side. Stones is a very average player. In fact he's only slightly better then Batra. He's English too so his mentality and technique are suspect.

If another club had signed Umtiti for 25 million everyone here would have been ranting about how shit our board is. How we should have signed him etc.

Umtiti was decent today and he will improve.

Alot of the "supporters" here will have to readjust their expectations once Messi, Pique, Suarez, Busquets are gone. People here have no patience here.

It is clear there are alot of young entitled fans here who will stop supporting the club once we're no longer a dominant force in world football.

Having an opinion on a player is nothing to do with being a 'supporter',

Every player Barca signs usually has a lot of debate over whether it is a good move or not. Even the likes of Ney and Suarez had that.

Nor is bringing John Stones into it really relevant to whether Umtiti is good enough.

dillinja

Umtiti was decent, he saved a certain goal in the first half and can't be blamed for Iceland goals. It was his first international cap, he hadnt played competitive football in 7 weeks and was playing with guys he had never played with.

Caramel

He did okay.

Please wait until he's had a few games under the barca shirt to label him as 'useless' or 'bad transfer'

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
His passing accuracy is impressive but he didn't look like the "stop a chance before its created" type of defender, nothing like masch.
Assuming he will take masch's spot in a season or 2 I don't like the pique/umtiti pair at all.
Pique needs a bulldog defender on his side.

gregorrin10

The dude hasn't even been officially announced by the club, and some glory-hunters (yes glory-hunters, because the only people who criticize him before he he even starts playing, are the ones who don't know shit about him and heard of him first, when he started being linked to Barca) already criticize him and wanna sell him after 1 match, with the national team of course, it would be unreasonable to wait for him to at least wear, much less play in a Barca shirt. :lol::pique1:

If you don't know him, he is crap, 100%. :rockon: :lol: These are probably the same people who never heard of Abidal before he came to us (just because he didn't come from Premier League or one of the biggest clubs) and look how that turned out.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I don't presume to know the player, I have never seen him but he doesn't seem like masch at all, does he look like masch to you?

This was the 1st time I saw him playing. Most of the time he didn't have much to do. Too soon to say anything, imo. I'm not expecting him to be a tall Masch, either. I just hope he'll be a great cb for us.

Anyway, he's only 22. He'll make plenty of mistakes for Barça too. Abidal did as well, but ended up being great. We need to be a bit more patient.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
This was the 1st time I saw him playing. Most of the time he didn't have much to do. Too soon to say anything, imo. I'm not expecting him to be a tall Masch, either. I just hope he'll be a great cb for us.

Anyway, he's only 22. He'll make plenty of mistakes for Barça too. Abidal did as well, but ended up being great. We need to be a bit more patient.

If he'll be half as competent as abidal we would be very lucky, I also wish he succeeds.

xXKonan

For the last 20 mins of the match he played as a RCB since Mangala, was subbed on.

Considering this was his first International cap for France, and in a Euro QF no less, he did a okay job out there. We will have to wait and see how he performs with us.

Home of Barca Fans