Samuel Umtiti

George_Costanza

I wouldn't. But I'm a barca fan at heart while this guy is a massive shameless leach.

He is earning like 15M per year. Given his form and left knee condition, he won't earn more than 1 or 2m outside Barcelona. I think most if not all will do the same.

Not sure why we don't/didn't have a condition to terminate a contract without penalty if the player doesn't meet the requirements of achieving sporting fitness to play football for more than a year.

CatalinR10

He is earning like 15M per year. Given his form and left knee condition, he won't earn more than 1 or 2m outside Barcelona. I think most if not all will do the same.

If I was a Barca player and would love the club the way I do and I see that my knee is fucked up thus my career is pretty much over, having nothing to contribute to the club , having won already +50 mil from the club and seeing in what shithole the club is in financialy , I would be ashamed of myself to wear the jersey and contributing with nothing.

At that point , I would try to make a new deal with the club , because I would still want to play for Barca/ be a part of the Barca team , me letting go of the 15 mil/ season contract , the new deal being like 1 mil / season for 5 seasons or more.

If I would care that much about making a lot more money , I would take advantage of my name and publicity and stream for 2-3 hours daily on twitch/youtube making another few milions froms sponsors/year just from that.

But that's just me.

Nothanks

wow you are so brave and honorable for sacrificing yourself in this completely impossible and hypothetical situation

we here at barcaforum should give you a round of applause for your heart and love for Barca.

khaled_a_d

Pjanic has accepted a paycut and left at least on loan, Willian done the same to Arsenal.
Some of those players want to enjoy the remaining of their life prime years doing what they love
Some will make decent compromises and seek leaving while getting paid the difference by the other club, like Luuk is currently doing.
The club has even offered Umtiti loan escape, as there is still clubs that would take a punt on him on loan.
He rejected, he just want his cash + the living style of the city of Barcelona.
And it is lasting for 5 years.

Nah, as a fan I can feel mad at him without worrying about "I would have done the same"

George_Costanza

Pjanic has accepted a paycut and left at least on loan, Willian done the same to Arsenal.
Some of those players want to enjoy the remaining of their life prime years doing what they love
Some will make decent compromises and seek leaving while getting paid the difference by the other club, like Luuk is currently doing.
The club has even offered Umtiti loan escape, as there is still clubs that would take a punt on him on loan.
He rejected, he just want his cash + the living style of the city of Barcelona.
And it is lasting for 5 years.

Nah, as a fan I can feel mad at him without worrying about "I would have done the same"

One minor difference Pjanic can still play football. I can think of many clubs that would be interested in him if he lowers his salary a bit. Umtiti, on the other hand, is fucked for good...finished. I doubt he will be able to play competitive football. No club will offer him more than a few million if we are lucky. The money he will make in Barcelona this season and next will secure his family's future.

JohnN

He knows how to live life.
Go all in, at a ridiculously high earning career early on, and enjoy the spoils before you even turn 30.
Respect. I would so the same.

feggydinho

90% of us wouldve done the same, stop lying to yourself.

Lol, no lies. In life, they're consequences for almost every if not every decision we make and Barca made one of the worst decisions concerning Umtiti's renewal and salary being offered. As a fan, it's hard to not bash Umtiti seeing that our primary concern would be Barca first, but if I was friends and family would Umtiti, I'll surely be giving him thumbs up for reaping from Barca's foolishness. In summary, if Umtiti's family and support system are praising him, we should just take our L and hope that Umtiti has a change of mind ( He probably knows he won't get half of what he's earning here once he leaves, so why not enjoy his salary here and then collect lower salary elsewhere later). I hope we don't make this mistake with other players

Porque

Hes probably too comfortable too. Things might change with Xavi, but imagine the thought ofgoing to slug in a lesser team while at Barcelona they had training sessions like a stroll in the park.

Big money, decent weather, ok city, Messi bbqs. T'was any mans dream.

Same goes for Puig really.

Home of Barca Fans