Samuel Umtiti

MTL_Barca

Newcastle United are lining up a move for France centre-back Samuel Umtiti, with Barcelona keen to offload the 28-year-old. (Marca)

Friendship with Everton ended, now Newcastle is my
best friend. :worthy:

Getting rid of Umtiti would be great fucking news, but i've seen these rumors way too often already. In the end we'll get the same shit as always "wants to fight for his spot at Barca" aka collecting another fat check for doing nothing, maybe with some Sport/MD sob story mixed in.

mc_lovin

Add some willingness from Umtiti to reduce wages :lol: Which is probably just an attempt to waste time (to delay an exit). I have no doubt he will stay. Coutinho is the more probable exit, but quite unlikely as well.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Add some willingness from Umtiti to reduce wages :lol: Which is probably just an attempt to waste time (to delay an exit). I have no doubt he will stay. Coutinho is the more probable exit, but quite unlikely as well.

do we really care about Coutinho that much since he only has 6 months left? umtiti should obviously be the priority but like you i dont see how we can even move him on.

serghei

Umtiti has analyzed the Newcastle offer, but his entourage says he's in the best physical shape of his life and is fully committed to starting for Barca again. Nobody in the history of sports, not even MJ or Tom Brady, was this committed and determined. He practically wakes up and goes to sleep only with this in mind, coming back to 2017 form again. [sport]

behindbrowneyes

Even if he agrees to join another club: I doubt he'd pass the medical. Every sane doctor will advise his club against signing him. Umtiti will be here until his contract runs out.

delancey

Any Spanish or European lawyers in the house? Can we rescind the contract if he cannot meet the obligations of the contract due to injury? Ha!

Messi983

Umtiti has analyzed the Newcastle offer, but his entourage says he's in the best physical shape of his life and is fully committed to starting for Barca again. Nobody in the history of sports, not even MJ or Tom Brady, was this committed and determined. He practically wakes up and goes to sleep only with this in mind, coming back to 2017 form again. [sport]

:lol: :lol:

Even if he agrees to join another club: I doubt he'd pass the medical. Every sane doctor will advise his club against signing him. Umtiti will be here until his contract runs out.

It's a shame Zubi is unemployed. He'd surely take him like he has signed Vermaelen back in the days against doctor's advice. :zubi:

Anyway, IF he'll leave it will be on loan with Barca still covering (big) part of his wages. I'd take any deal where we can save at least some money and I'm sure the club would too.

George_Costanza

Apparently Newcastle gave him an insane offer close to his Barca wages but he instantly rejected it

Stunning commitment!

I doubt he will reject Newcastle's move if the salary is close to what he is earning now. The choice is between milking Barcelona for another 18 months or milking Newcastle for 4 or 5 years.

Home of Barca Fans