Samuel Umtiti

George_Costanza

From that view it's actually understandable why he wants to stay not just to collect his pay check for 1,5 more years but also to guarantee himself a bigger potential contract in future. If he'd go somewhere now and get exposed how done he is then not even MLS clubs would offer him much when he'll become available.

To counter this situation and force him to leave we have to be absolutely ruthless with those mercenaries. Send him to the stands for the next 6 months and I'm sure he will be worried that he won't even get that MLS, Qatar, China, etc. contract. No one will sign a player who didn't play for a couple of years. He will be more flexible then.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Baffling that some people think his attitude is understandable... This guy has shown absolutely no responsibility of the choices he made and let the club carry the full consequences of his actions, fuck him...

Messi983

According to Sport he has rejected more than 5 offers to leave Barca because he still lives in 2017 and thinks he should play for a CL team.

Someone should probably remember him that Barca is not a CL team anymore. :lol:

ajnotkeith

According to Sport he has rejected more than 5 offers to leave Barca because he still lives in 2017 and thinks he should play for a CL team.

Someone should probably remember him that Barca is not a CL team anymore. :lol:

I doubt there's any offers that even match half his salary unless they're from Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

I don't blame him too much if we are asking him to third or quarter his wage to move somewhere else. That lies on Bartomeu.

khaled_a_d

Guys, any offer the club will discuss with him will have him getting paid same net wage, with us covering the rest.
He is refusing that.

clemente

Chooses World Cup knowing he fucks over barca by destroying his knees, gets over 40m of money by never playing for the club, fans start hating him, and he still chooses to sit here instead of helping us out by leaving...
From hero to worse than Turan this guy

malvolio

Baffling that some people think his attitude is understandable... This guy has shown absolutely no responsibility of the choices he made and let the club carry the full consequences of his actions, fuck him...

Understandable from his point of view and from a business point of view.

Of course we as fans feel betrayed and rightly so. But can't do anything about it when contracts are solid and player doesn't act unprofessional breaking some rules that would put him on the brink of contract termination.

JamDav1982

Think he pretty much knows his career is done and given up wanting to be a footballer.

Even on same money somewhere else he prefers to live in Barcelona.

Only way will get him off the books is to pay him off. That or wait another year is about only way he is leaving.

MTL_Barca

I wonder if he's completely delusional or actually has zero ambitions whatsoever. Clearly looks like the latter after all this time but it's still always weird to see a professional athlete have no drive to compete whatsoever.

Dude will have enough money to live very comfortable for the rest of his life regardless, and as a footballer he'll retire in his 30s anyway. Yet he still chooses early retirement here.

I normally don't like it when fans harass players but if anyone in the squad deserves it then this shameless leech.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I fully expect him to be harrassed going in/out of every visit to Camp Nou. Money whore who is content to ride his high paying contract out, thanks to Bartomeu

iu

Messigician

I fully expect him to be harrassed going in/out of every visit to Camp Nou. Money whore who is content to ride his high paying contract out, thanks to Bartomeu

iu

Yup all thanks to Barto xd

I remember ppl on here doing cartwheels when he renewed

Football changes fast

JamDav1982

Crocodile tears on the shoulder of Laporta last summer seems to have fooled everyone again about how he may come back.

There is no threat of sitting in stands that will bother him. That is more or less his situation anyway and he knows issue is not resolved financially in any way for club to do that.

They will pay him off this summer and maybe get a slight discount on whole contract but wouldnt even think will get that.

Home of Barca Fans