Samuel Umtiti

George_Costanza

i hope we sign him but pique, macherano and varmalean(if he can stay fit) will be ahead of him.

106829-kevin-hart-dumbfounded-confuse-0aqe.gif

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sounds like it's all but a done deal. I don't agree that he's fast, not one of his best attributes anyway.

Positionally, I think he's terrific. He is extremely mature in defense for a player of his age & experience - plays like someone much older in terms of decisionmaking. He'll need to adapt, especially with the sort of defensive line the team plays as he will need to play the ball out of the back more than he has in the past. Left footed and an excellent defender with maturity - success at CB, finally!

xXKonan

A couple of English translations from the article.

[tw]743079121702555648[/tw]

[tw]743079434148810753[/tw]

Devils

I like the idea behind of this signing a lot. The club is definitely going in the right direction signing younger players like this who are breaking through into the spotlight.

Hope he does very well here. :)

ZeT_Kc

Not to be pessimist, but I see nothing special in this kid. I hope I'm wrong at the end and he ends up killing it for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
C'mon Deschamps. Stop being a moron and start him tonight.

Adil Rami's been a disaster so far and Mangala has never been convincing for France. Low risk game.

Would love to see him play in the tournament(and do very well).

God Serena

i hope we sign him but pique, macherano and varmalean(if he can stay fit) will be ahead of him.

How about... no. Vermaelen had like two good games in a Barca shirt, got injured, came back, played awfully for several games in a row, then got injured again. If he is ever ahead of anyone we might as well have just kept Bartra.

xXKonan

Will Vermaelen, even be here next season?

if we do sign Umtiti which is very likely at this point we would have Two right footed CBs and Three left footed CBs. Pique and Masche are clearly starters and Mathieu is trusted by Lucho a lot and generally reliable when he plays CB. and you got Umtiti who's the young CB who has the potential to be Masche's successor eventually, and all that is left is Vermaelen.

Verm is likely gone and for a good reason way to hot and cold for my liking and Injury prone out the ass. if he miraculously stays fit he could have those games where "Maybe he's worth keeping around" but have a lot of games that makes you question "Why did we even buy him? He's terrible"

I would like to see us get Davison or even use Tarin if we could if we need a good RCB for Depth.

Jombi

C'mon Deschamps. Stop being a moron and start him tonight.

Adil Rami's been a disaster so far and Mangala has never been convincing for France. Low risk game.

Would love to see him play in the tournament(and do very well).

Why? His price will increase. If he plays, he should score 3 own goals and get a red card. We certainly dont want him to play AND do very well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why? His price will increase. If he plays, he should score 3 own goals and get a red card.

It won't if we've closed a deal or on verge of doing so. Shouldn't take too long, long enough for him to have several brilliant games to drive his price up.

Butaan4barca

How about... no. Vermaelen had like two good games in a Barca shirt, got injured, came back, played awfully for several games in a row, then got injured again. If he is ever ahead of anyone we might as well have just kept Bartra.

If he stays fit and get back his form, he no doubt is a very elegant defender. I liked him in his old days.

Home of Barca Fans