Samuel Umtiti

CatalinR10

Insane deal

EXwpYHqXsAA9_Nd.jpg

FinBarcelonafan

From mundo deportivo:

Postponement of current salary by three and a half years
Umtiti had a contract until 2023. He had a year and a half left with a very high salary and the Frenchman has agreed to cut 10 percent of his salary and the remaining amount has been extended for three years. In this way, the Bar?a club will pay 90 percent of what it had planned to the French, but spread over four and a half years. What that implies a significant annual salary drop and releases the financial fair play considerably.

Porque

It must he a performance related contract. Watching the space for a Umtiti on loan for 6 months now.

"You say you are in your best phsyical state. Om prove it, go on loan for 6 months and prove it".

delancey

I feel there is more to this deal than what they are telling us. Why would Umtiti extend until 2026 if there isn?t a single benefit to him in doing so? There must be a clause in the contract which stipulates that if he leaves prematurely, he?ll be paid out the difference in installments or some other clause which makes it worth his while financially to extend until 2026 without additional monetary gain. Something is rotten in Catalonia. 😅

FinBarcelonafan

I feel there is more to this deal than what they are telling us. Why would Umtiti extend until 2026 if there isn?t a single benefit to him in doing so? There must be a clause in the contract which stipulates that if he leaves prematurely, he?ll be paid out the difference in installments or some other clause which makes it worth his while financially to extend until 2026 without monetary gain. Something is rotten in Catalonia. 😅

I agree. Maybe we will buy him out in the summer for rest of the money or whenever we can. Otherwise it's too good for us and very poor for Umtiti.

iniestaGOAT

I feel there is more to this deal than what they are telling us. Why would Umtiti extend until 2026 if there isn?t a single benefit to him in doing so? There must be a clause in the contract which stipulates that if he leaves prematurely, he?ll be paid out the difference in installments or some other clause which makes it worth his while financially to extend until 2026 without additional monetary gain. Something is rotten in Catalonia. ��

Its just laporta masterclass. The man can do no wrong.

Porque

I feel there is more to this deal than what they are telling us. Why would Umtiti extend until 2026 if there isn?t a single benefit to him in doing so? There must be a clause in the contract which stipulates that if he leaves prematurely, he?ll be paid out the difference in installments or some other clause which makes it worth his while financially to extend until 2026 without additional monetary gain. Something is rotten in Catalonia. 😅

Perhaps the 90% of the original is the base pay. With the rest (eg 40%+) achievable through performance.

Means a) he recieves the same over a longer period, but if he meets performance targets by playing, that he can actually receive the same per annum as his current deal.

Interlop

No it is not 'great business' despite how many will be desperate to make out it is but it may be about only option for them to take.

Why not? We?re not losing anything. We pay the same amount of money in 4,5 years instead of 1,5 years. Actually, it?s better because he can leave on loan and some team can pay like 50% of his salary, or we can even sell him in 2 years and not pay him for the next 2 years and thus save 6M. From Umtiti’s perspective it’s a bad deal so I do agree with one post above that says that we would probably pay him the rest of the salary if we sell him.

Last edited:

delancey

I agree. Maybe we will buy him out in the summer for rest of the money or whenever we can. Otherwise it's too good for us and very poor for Umtiti.

Yup. I think Umtiti will get all of his money eventually, just that his contract has been modified to meet the salary cap regulations. This is the only way I could see a player agreeing to such a deal.

JamDav1982

Why not? We?re not losing anything. We pay the same amount of money in 4,5 years instead of 1,5 years. Actually, it?s better because he can leave on loan and some team can pay like 50% of his salary, or we can even sell him in 2 years and not pay him for the next 2 years and thus save 6M.

Because he would still be on the books and costing Barca money years after he would normally be gone.

There is a reason the club would never entertain this unless had to due to current inability to sign players.

It is needed move kicking Umtiti issue further down the road. That is all it is.

It makes no difference to him leaving and clubs can offer him same as did before. No club is buying him and if you think Umtiti would leave on 6m salary and not want what he has deferred you are in cloud cuckoo land.

Samtiti4point0

Because he would still be on the books and costing Barca money years after he would normally be gone.

There is a reason the club would never entertain this unless had to due to current inability to sign players.

It is needed move kicking Umtiti issue further down the road. That is all it is.

It makes no difference to him leaving and clubs can offer him same as did before. No club is buying him and if you think Umtiti would leave on 6m salary and not want what he has deferred you are in cloud cuckoo land.

It's a short term solution to a long term issue. But it doesn't really change things for worse. If there are no bogus clauses, when at a better financial point, we can still payout his contract.

delancey

Perhaps the 90% of the original is the base pay. With the rest (eg 40%+) achievable through performance.

Means a) he recieves the same over a longer period, but if he meets performance targets by playing, that he can actually receive the same per annum as his current deal.

Perhaps? I read that his salary has not been increased, but perhaps it has? Anyhow, there?s a sweet incentive in this deal for Umtiti too, of that I am sure of it.

Home of Barca Fans