Sandro Rosell

F

Flavia

This is all over the spanish and catalan media. Cases tried a vote of no confidence in october, didn't get enough votes. Rosell responded that this is a reckless complaint, and he is not worried.

Legal action launched against Barcelona president Rosell over Neymar deal

Barcelona are defending president Sandro Rosell over claims from a board member of "misappropriation of funds". El Mundo Deportivo reports that Jordi Cases is accusing Rosell of the "misappropriation" of €40 million during the transfer of Neymar.

Cases proposed a motion of censure against Rosell at the beginning of October, but there was not enough support. He then sent a 'burofax' (a kind of registered legal document) to the Barcelona club in which he requested all the information about the transaction.

"I believe that under no circumstances should the reasons for such a huge transaction as this €40 million be kept secret. As a member and thus a co-owner of our beloved club, I ought to have the right to know for what reason €40 million euros have left the club", Cases says in the document mentioned.

He also thinks that Rosell "can't hide behind a confidentiality (clause) requested by a third party so as not to give a suitable and consistent answer about this additional €40 million payment". As he has not received "a specific explanation", Cases has decided to start legal proceedings.

A Barca spokesperson says the accusations are "unfounded and rash", as it "affects the club's image and credibility".

JamDav1982

This is all over the spanish and catalan media. Cases tried a vote of no confidence in october, didn't get enough votes. Rosell responded that this is a reckless complaint, and he is not worried.

Legal action launched against Barcelona president Rosell over Neymar deal

Barcelona are defending president Sandro Rosell over claims from a board member of "misappropriation of funds". El Mundo Deportivo reports that Jordi Cases is accusing Rosell of the "misappropriation" of €40 million during the transfer of Neymar.

Cases proposed a motion of censure against Rosell at the beginning of October, but there was not enough support. He then sent a 'burofax' (a kind of registered legal document) to the Barcelona club in which he requested all the information about the transaction.

"I believe that under no circumstances should the reasons for such a huge transaction as this €40 million be kept secret. As a member and thus a co-owner of our beloved club, I ought to have the right to know for what reason €40 million euros have left the club", Cases says in the document mentioned.

He also thinks that Rosell "can't hide behind a confidentiality (clause) requested by a third party so as not to give a suitable and consistent answer about this additional €40 million payment". As he has not received "a specific explanation", Cases has decided to start legal proceedings.

A Barca spokesperson says the accusations are "unfounded and rash", as it "affects the club's image and credibility".

Is it not pretty much known that the money went to his father and other agents?

F

Flavia

Got this from migerucb @ twitter(follow him, great knowledgble guy)

http://www.fosterandpartners.com/projects/camp-nou-stadium-for-fc-barcelona/

^ I wonder why THAT got rejected if they at all want something new. Looks absolutely amazing.

He just answered:

@migerucb 6 min For those asking why the Foster project was rejected:
1) It was Laporta's stadium
2) Different approach re debt
3) Bad deal w/city council

Yip and the other players as clearly that is money paid to Neymar.

The players probably know it, as everyone does. But an official confirmation would surely be harmful to the team. Cases' hatred for rosell is making him do stupid things.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He just answered:

@migerucb 6 min For those asking why the Foster project was rejected:
1) It was Laporta's stadium
2) Different approach re debt
3) Bad deal w/city council

Sad, it looks like a dream project, but fair enough I guess...... I personally is not against a new stadium, but the roof part really really is just messed up.

F

Flavia

Sad, it looks like a dream project, but fair enough I guess...... I personally is not against a new stadium, but the roof part really really is just messed up.

I hope the roof is not 100% covered, he might have meant the seats will be covered. Or the roof could be like the one in the amsterdam arena, retractable.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Graham Hunter (Sky Sports) : "Sandro Rossel is greatly involved in vanity projects, hence the signing of Neymar. My fear is that he will attempt to drive Lionel Messi out of the club and put him in a position where he can sell him, the process is moving towards that.

"Messi isn’t his beauty project, while Neymar is."

Didn't Rosell say he'd never let Messi leave even if he wanted to? I like Graham Hunter but I think he is just guessing pessimistically here...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Graham Hunter (Sky Sports) : "Sandro Rossel is greatly involved in vanity projects, hence the signing of Neymar. My fear is that he will attempt to drive Lionel Messi out of the club and put him in a position where he can sell him, the process is moving towards that.

"Messi isn’t his beauty project, while Neymar is."

Didn't Rosell say he'd never let Messi leave even if he wanted to? I like Graham Hunter but I think he is just guessing pessimistically here...

why is it a pessimistic guess? if anything, he would wish for that to happen

Stric

It might be absurd depending on how you look at it, but there is truth to what he's saying. Rosell's ego has no limits. I would expect him to try to politically push Neymar into the #1 spot over time.

JamDav1982

It might be absurd depending on how you look at it, but there is truth to what he's saying. Rosell's ego has no limits. I would expect him to try to politically push Neymar into the #1 spot over time.

No chance in that at all. If Rosell did anything to upset Messi at Barcelona he would be out of a job and he knows it.

It has been hammered home by Rosell, Neymar management that Messi is still far and away the main man at the club and thats the way it will be until the day Neymar or someone else is the better player.

The Observer

I hate British journalists trying to ride on Barca's recent success with shitty articles, biographies and books. Loewe, Hunter, Ballague can all *bleep* off.

khaled_a_d

No chance in that at all. If Rosell did anything to upset Messi at Barcelona he would be out of a job and he knows it.

It has been hammered home by Rosell, Neymar management that Messi is still far and away the main man at the club and thats the way it will be until the day Neymar or someone else is the better player.

If he get re-elected for another 6 years in 2016 I can see it happening ,but b4 that? Laporta will easily win next election(and he is probably winning it anyway)

Home of Barca Fans