Sandro Rosell

JamDav1982

Yeah I was wrong :) The point still stands though. This board as a whole is responsible for the Neymar transfer, not just Rosell. Rosell leaving will not change anything as one of his closest friends is president now. The fact that some people bring up the fact that Rosell was the only one who is responsible for Neymar's transfer is just ridiculous. Bartomeu was vice-president for sports for goodness sake.

You missed the point about the Rosell being blamed for Neymar transfer.... never mind.

MessiNeymar

Yeah I was wrong :) The point still stands though. This board as a whole is responsible for the Neymar transfer, not just Rosell. Rosell leaving will not change anything as one of his closest friends is president now. The fact that some people bring up the fact that Rosell was the only one who is responsible for Neymar's transfer is just ridiculous. Bartomeu was vice-president for sports for goodness sake.

Rosell is the one responsible as he had the final say and did most of the dealinng though, the others just acted on his "behalf" or atleast thast what can be claimed

Galning

From this moment, just as the directors announced, in accordance with our Statutes, the first vice-president of the Club, Josep Maria Bartomeu, will immediately assume the presidency of the Club until the end of the term, through 2016, just as the Board unanimously agreed a few moments ago.

Something else you have wrong - it is in the statute that VP takes over.

They basically voted and verified this is the way to go, but I suppose you wanted them to break the statute?

No, they followed the rules. You just twist words as they fit your cause because that's just what you do. What I've been saying the whole time is that Bartomeu until 2016 is just the same as Rosell until 2016. Nothing will change. But for some reason you just ignore the fact that Bartomeu was just as involved in Neymar's transfer as Rosell. Which is the reason Rosell had to resign, according to him. So why not Bartomeu?

Henry_IB

Banned
As someone else said, doesn't the president and vice president run together and announce who will make up lead positions of board? Either way this is how it works in almost every democracy, if the President of US died today the VP president would be in charge until next election so I don't get the huge fuss over this and people claiming it to not be democratic.

Secondly, a few of you have pointed out that the members have the ability to kick the board out if they want to. I am not defending Rosell or Bartomeu because I lack proper insight into this topic to take a side but please stop acting as if this is some sort of dictatorship move of Rosell. You might hate the current board and for good reason but apparently a majority seems content with thier leadership as they are still in charge.

Galning

One good thing Rosell has done for Barça is make it harder for gloryhunters to become Barça members. Glad some of you can't vote for shite and are stuck into defending Rosell on a Barcelona forum. Have a good one guys can't wait until this board is gone whether it's 2016 or tomorrow.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Their needs to be an emphatic epitaph to mark the end of Rosell's reign. Their board started right from the off with a negative campaign to discredit all the wonderful success of the previous board which has to be regarded as the pinnacle of the club and degenerated with the departures of Pep, Abidal, Thiago and Valdes leaving a malignant stench around the club...nevermind the Qatar embarrassment...Happy days but happier when the rest of his board are ousted...Whomever leads the club will, however, need to return to the positive approach known throughout Laporta's tenure going forward

Yet with Bartomeu, Faus, Vilarrubi et al still there it remains a de facto Rosell regime...Bartomeu hopes to not just take over as President but to complete the term through 2016...There should be a vote of no confidence, regardless of the Neymar contract fallout...This board cannot continue

JamDav1982

No, they followed the rules. You just twist words as they fit your cause because that's just what you do. What I've been saying the whole time is that Bartomeu until 2016 is just the same as Rosell until 2016. Nothing will change. But for some reason you just ignore the fact that Bartomeu was just as involved in Neymar's transfer as Rosell. Which is the reason Rosell had to resign, according to him. So why not Bartomeu?

No you claimed that Rosell just 'picked' the new VP that he put together on a board made up of his friends.

In actual he was elected with that board largely named behind him and it is in the statute that the VP takes over and no way Rosells decision.

You totally twisted the facts to have another dig at the board.

You totally missed the point I made about the Neymar transfer. I was saying that it was all put on Rosell now he has resigned it is all being put on Bartomeu. Cant have it both ways. They were all involved.

MessiNeymar

One good thing Rosell has done for Barça is make it harder for gloryhunters to become Barça members. Glad some of you can't vote for shite and are stuck into defending Rosell on a Barcelona forum. Have a good one guys can't wait until this board is gone whether it's 2016 or tomorrow.

All of them are as bad as each other, its just about picking who will do the least harm to the club these days.
Very sad

JamDav1982

Cant believe the people who get to vote don't even know the facts.

Shame some glory hunters got in before they changed the membership rules really.

F

Frejsgodes

What did Pep forsee?

Is there no end to the lies people tell on this forum?

Dude, I didn't mean to state it as a fact. I just THINK that Pep plans to be back and he's been anticipating this. He probably knew Rosell wouldn't last long.

JamDav1982

Their needs to be an emphatic epitaph to mark the end of Rosell's reign. Their board started right from the off with a negative campaign to discredit all the wonderful success of the previous board which has to be regarded as the pinnacle of the club and degenerated with the departures of Pep, Abidal, Thiago and Valdes leaving a malignant stench around the club...nevermind the Qatar embarrassment...Happy days but happier when the rest of his board are ousted...Whomever leads the club will, however, need to return to the positive approach known throughout Laporta's tenure going forward

Yet with Bartomeu, Faus, Vilarrubi et al still there it remains a de facto Rosell regime...Bartomeu hopes to not just take over as President but to complete the term through 2016...There should be a vote of no confidence, regardless of the Neymar contract fallout...This board cannot continue

So many things being blamed on board that have been proved wrong time and again.

Henry_IB

Banned

"You guys don't agree with my opinion and therefore you guys are gloryhunting piece of shits whose's opinion is trash" - Quite sad to see such childish behaviour from an admin.

Again, I haven't taken a side on this matter as I admit that I lack the insight to make a proper judgement but you come off as a sulking kid in these last pages.

Home of Barca Fans