Sandro Rosell

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rosell: "FC Barcelona are the most transparent club in the world"

Just listen to this guy blowing his horn. So cute.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not the first time he's making half-brained statements either. Trying to make cheap points on Ronaldo's sad story and being condescending towards Barca players to name the latest.

numero

He is silent about most important things i.e Last season's referring and Pique's incident , but he is vocal about one of the silliest things . That is one of the prime most reasons why Pep felt most uncomfortable with him.

Theconomist

How can you possibly know that? This is a speculation.

Almost everything we ''know'' about the club outside of official statements from players,coaches etc is speculative.
I don't think Guardiola had any issues with Rosell. Guardiola had the green light to do whatever he pleased really. The only place he would have been more supported is the first few months in a billionaire's club. If anything Rosell would be the one to have issues with Guardiola with his refusal to commit long term.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx man. Read the piece. Nothing new there, monochrome view on reduced debt, few promo quotes from Rosell, etc.
And eventhough the reporter mentions Cruyff feud he doesn't scratch beneath the surface and we only have Rosell's vague comments on it.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Thanx man. Read the piece. Nothing new there, monochrome view on reduced debt, few promo quotes from Rosell, etc.
And eventhough the reporter mentions Cruyff feud he doesn't scratch beneath the surface and we only have Rosell's vague comments on it.

True. But I actually posted it more because of the other parts in the series about La Masia, Best XI ever @ Barcelona and Xavi. Have you read those? Btw, I would love to read more about club politics, so if anyone has a nice piece I can read, please post!

raskolnikov

Barcelona president Rosell wants to reduce the Liga from 20 to 16 teams and extend the Champions League from 32 to 64 teams. [ser]

Whats up with guys in charge coming up with dumb ideas like that. First platini ruined the Euro's for 2016 and we will end up with a world cup in summer in Qatar in 2022 and now this idea from Rosel, just keep it the way it is.

Xtroverto

Barcelona president Rosell wants to reduce the Liga from 20 to 16 teams and extend the Champions League from 32 to 64 teams. [ser]

Whats up with guys in charge coming up with dumb ideas like that. First platini ruined the Euro's for 2016 and we will end up with a world cup in summer in Qatar in 2022 and now this idea from Rosel, just keep it the way it is.

An old idea just pushed around by different club presidents. The Champions league itself was created to please the big clubs. I think that it is just a matter of time before we see some kind of semi closed European super league for the rich and posh. La liga is already to small for Real and Barça and both clubs will be at the forefront of pushing a European league together with the Italian, German and French, big clubs. The Premier League clubs now earn so much from the domestic league that they will have few financial reasons to push for a European wide league but I see them jump on the train once the mega TV deals are negotiated.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Bundesliga and Premier League are doing good. Attendances, sponsors.. Surely they'll be in no rush to abandon what's working for them.
I do support reducing La Liga for 2 clubs. That would mean 4 fixtures less for a club which take up almost a month of fixtures. Wouldn't rock the boat but would mean a lot to players that are overplayed in the current system.

Home of Barca Fans