Sandro Rosell

barcanuck

When is his term up?

I think he is a good businessman but not the same risk taker and Laporta was. His cheapness has cost us in the areas of us buying a defender because we're saving up for Neymar.

poldep

Barcelona president Rosell will join the club's spokesman at the press conference after this afternoon's board meeting.

What's going on? :rolleyes: Anybody have any idea?

impeh

Hi, its me..
'Today we expect the appearance of Sandro Rosell during the presentation of the agreement between Barcelona and Qatar Airways, in which the president will answer questions from reporters'

Dunno if true, but better than a new coach :lol:

Tomchin

'Today we expect the appearance of Sandro Rosell during the presentation of the agreement between Barcelona and Qatar Airways, in which the president will answer questions from reporters'

Dunno if true, but better than a new coach :lol:
The presentation of Qatar Airways (which Rosell attended) was this morning, this afternoon Rosell will give another press conference (after the "Junta"), about the current state of affairs at the club.

I'm curious what it will be. Hopefully he won't say that Tito's health has even become worser. Maybe Pep will be announced as interim-mgr until the end of the season? No idea really, but I guess it will be something important.

Maria

In his latest interview, Rosell denounced Man City for trying to poach FC Barcelona staff (probably in reference to Soriano and Txiki).

It's bad enough those 2 ex-Barca directors are selling out Barca secrets to the sheik
Really? And how do you know that? Rosell told you so?
now we have to worry if they'll poach some of our current staff.
And why do we have to worry? If they poach the person that decided that Song could be a good CB or who ever buys for the B team we should be grateful.
Makes you wonder..some industries legally forbid trading or selling company information but in football it would appear you can steal and copy whatever you want.
It certainly appears that way..if we blame City for trying to copy Barca, them we should also blame Barca for copying Ajax..not to mention that our club profits from the sad state of the other spanish clubs and steals their best players.
I'd say we do consider City as our competitors. Not only do they distort the market with inflated offers and skyrocket contracts, they are, and will be even more in the future, competing with us for same players. Then there is also a competition both clubs are competing in - CL. Well, some day, after they inject couple hundred more millions, they'll probably manage to qualify from the group stages and we'll likely go head to head.
And what about Barca? Wasn't our club doing the same in the past(remember Cruyff, Maradona or Ibra)? So maybe we shouldn't be so quick to judge other clubs.
I am not Sandro's biggest fan, but to be fair, he was elected as Barca president and as far as I know he didn't work for any other club. Txiki and Soriano weren't elected nowhere, they were out of job and took City's money like couple of petty mercenaries.
And as far as I know Txiki and Soriano didn't had a company that made profits from reselling tickets at Barca's games, didn't gifted tickets to the Boixos Nois and then denied it, didn't made Rosell pay for something they all did and didn't offer privileged information to Mundo Deportivo in exchange of Nolla's support or hired petty journalists to Barca TV so they could talk about referees, Mou, Laporta or even Guardiola like it would be their fault that the team plays so bad..
I heard odes for Soriano in previous years. How successful businessman he was etc. Guess what, he ran Spanair (air company) after his Barca job and at his helm, the company collapsed.
For what reason both ex Barca directors were hired? Coincidence or trying to copy Barca model? I think the answer is very simple.

And irelevant for the future of our club..what should worry us right now is that we have no defense, no coach at the first team and no coach at the B team and that our president looks more interested in his revenge over Laporta, Txiki and Soriano.

Last edited:

Maria

Dunno if true..
Very true..today we found out that our club has the same values as Qatar Airways and that Messi should give up at his contract with Turkish Airlines and sign with QA. What they failed to tell us is that we lost 3M euros from Turkish Airlines, we will lose 3M euros from TV3 and that we have to play a game a year for free(another million lost). Transparency they say.

F

Flavia

Official: Barcelona will do a pre-season tour in Asia this summer. They will play friendly games in China, Thailand and Malaysia

Official: Barcelona will play friendly games in Shanghai (CHN 4 August), Bangkok (THA 7 August), and Kuala Lumpur (MAL 9 August)

@FCBarcelona
Rosell:"The Board of Directors will stand behind Vilanova for as long as it takes. He will be our manager as long as I'm president"
Rosell: "Our players have been playing at a very high level for four and a half years and they've overcome may adverse situations"

@barcastuff
Rosell (president): "When the leader is not there, it's clear it affects the team. But the reaction to the latest results seems exaggerated"
Rosell: "Roura is a hero. We have to thank him for the responsibility he's taking."

@barcastuff
Rosell (president): "Nothing will change until Tito returns, even if that would cost us all trophies."

Maria

Official: Rosell sold tickets with 10€ to delinquents that threatened Laporta's life and says that he did it because Camp Nou isn't vocal enough and that he knows some of those 'nois' who are actually good guys. In the meantime we can only afford black&white photocopies.

@barcastuff
Rosell (president): "When the leader is not there, it's clear it affects the team. But the reaction to the latest results seems exaggerated"

Atleast he admits that with Pep gone and with Tito ill he isn't capable of being a leader. But the reactions are at the level of Barca's performances since the 3-1 against Malaga.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

I wonder how much it will take until the board actually do something about it..tbh i dont think it will all be solved once Tito gets back.
Guess they dont want to admit Barcelonas downward trend during their period

Atleast lets hope we can get the liga title.

Home of Barca Fans