Sandro Rosell

M

mitkoa7x

Rosell (president): "We will not accept a general pardon. Our coach was attacked (eye gouge Mourinho), that cannot go unpunished."

I hope this is true

JackaL

Well ha made a clear statement, however after journalists askim him this question again and again he was more passive by stating that there's "nothing official yet" and "if it gets official" Barca will take the necessary steps etc.

Maria

Rosell (president): "We will not accept a general pardon. Our coach was attacked (eye gouge Mourinho), that cannot go unpunished."

I hope this is true

Then you don't know Rosell very well..if he wanted to do something, he should have done it at the time of the assault, not now.

Rosell: "In 2003 I was the only one who decided it which players had to be sold and bought at FC Barcelona."
"Guardiola was just a coach. He just gave the impression of being something more because he answered to all the questions that the press had for him. "(I'm glad that he did gave that impression because he was the only one that responded to Mourinho's atacks las year.)

Zubi(at Tito's presentation): "Pep was more than a coach, he was a manager. Tito will only take some of Pep's attributions because we want to prottect him more."

I'm starting to understand why Pep couldn't stay at least one more year. It probably won't be long before we find out that Rosell is the one that made Pep our coach.

JackaL

Then you don't know Rosell very well..if he wanted to do something, he should have done it at the time of the assault, not now.

Rosell: "In 2003 I was the only one who decided it which players had to be sold and bought at FC Barcelona."
"Guardiola was just a coach. He just gave the impression of being something more because he answered to all the questions that the press had for him. "(I'm glad that he did gave that impression because he was the only one that responded to Mourinho's atacks las year.)

Zubi(at Tito's presentation): "Pep was more than a coach, he was a manager. Tito will only take some of Pep's attributions because we want to prottect him more."

I'm starting to understand why Pep couldn't stay at least one more year. It probably won't be long before we find out that Rosell is the one that made Pep our coach.

As far as I read and Graham Hunter's book says so, Pep was more/less suggested by Cruijff. When they met him, as the myth is told, Pep suggested Mourinho :D

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

+∞

Maria

As far as I read and Graham Hunter's book says so, Pep was more/less suggested by Cruijff. When they met him, as the myth is told, Pep suggested Mourinho :D

It makes sense because Cruijff knew Pep better than most people..but Laporta still needs to be recognized for this decision, especially because Pep supported another candidade for the presidency of FC Barcelona and if Guardiola would have failed, the only head that would have rolled would have been Laporta's.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
It makes sense because Cruijff knew Pep better than most people..but Laporta still needs to be recognized for this decision, especially because Pep supported another candidade for the presidency of FC Barcelona and if Guardiola would have failed, the only head that would have rolled would have been Laporta's.

Pep didn't vote for Rosell. That's for sure.

JackaL

Rossel wanted Rijkaard sacked after a couple of games and thought about bringing in Scolari. Think about that decision.

On youtube, there's a Barca documentary, telling the story of the "new" FC Barca, starting with Laporta's presidency. I was really fascinated how the entire Board of Directors team was acting as a team, everyone had his own field of expertise, but still, tough decisions were made by discussing them through. When Rijkaard was doing badly at the beginning, Rossel signed Davids, which later happened to be a healthy transfer for the team, however, he breached a rule the management team had taken together: Deciding for transfers collectively and not individually.

So again, one can see a lot of flaws, mini-decisions, other stuff that were bad or good for Barca.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
C Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has announced that planned renovations at the Nou Camp stadium have been put on hold despite the Spanish Liga club revealing a “historic” operating surplus of Eur40 million for the 2011-12 season, reports Sport Business.

Rosell said that a final decision over renovating the Nou Camp would be put to the club’s members for a referendum.

"“There are… things that need to happen, but they can’t happen until we reduce our debt,” Rosell said. “We’re taking a step backwards in order to take three steps forward. We will not create the Espai Barca and the Camp Nou and Palau Blaugrana renovations will not happen at this time. "

"We can’t proceed with these projects at this moment, however, we will do them at a later date and the decision will be put to the club members by means of a club referendum. The decision to build a new stadium or renovate the Camp Nou is one we have to live with for the rest of our lives and it needs to be made by the club members.”

Hatem Ben Arfa

Lol, rosell is one of the best if not the best club presidents out there. Cruyff can't get along with anyone and has the diplomacy skills of a jihadist.

:lol:

so true about Cruyff. he rubs just about everyone up the wrong way if they dare have difference in opinion with him on how something should be done.

would be interesting to see what would happen if Cruyff ran for Presidential Election and beat Rosell.

Home of Barca Fans