Saudi Pro League

kattanib

Are the Saudi's going to have no local players?

Are they going to allow outside investment into the other teams?

Or are each member of the house of Saud going to have their own team for shits and giggles.

Otherwise if it is just going to be 4 state teams doped then it is just going to be a glorified Johor Darul Takzim.
You are so short sighted you ought to watchout not to hit that tree in front of you.

This is basically a source to lift the brand equity of the country regardless if you agree or not, and in time it will also build on the tourism agenda the country has (sports tourism). As others have mentioned as well, they might try to lobby eventually for entering the champions league or even creating a new league and enviting other big clubs from Spain, Italy and France for instance

kattanib

I dont know about the rest of you but I dont think I could ever see myself watching that league even if they do start getting the best players in the world to play there.
I think I would just lose interest in the players that play there.
Do you watch Europa? World Cup? Copa America? In these cups do you end up watching games of countries you don't know all of their players?

Whoever does, and the majority of football fans do, will eventually watch selective games from that league if they continue to grow in the same direction

Home of Barca Fans