Sergi Dominguez

Porque

Dom is ahead of Faye because Dom can't be sold for 11m. That's all it is.

Now could we have sold Eric for 10-15m instead Faye and further deduct his 6m salary?

That should be the real discussion.

But seems Bansai is looking a few steps ahead and wants pivot cover too.

jamrock

He's ahead because flick thinks he's the next nesta and herego better than Faye.

Time will tell if it's true.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dom is a Celta Vigo level player at best.

If Faye is really good they’ll buy him back within a year or two. Next summer they will probably try to sign Tah for free.

Porque

I'll disagree with you on this one. The decision to sell Faye was made si o si and Flick had to find the next best solution in-house.

Determined Big Dom was more ready than Cuenca and Olmedo.

Proof in the pudding was the resort we went to register Olmo in the end by ditching Christ on a cross.

No doubt though that Flick sees potential in Dom. I'd have personally gone for Olmedo if he wanted a righty (with Cuenca being the highest potential imo of the trio), but seems Flick thinks he is a bit soft defensively.

jamrock

I'll disagree with you on this one. The decision to sell Faye was made si o si and Flick had to find the next best solution in-house.

Determined Big Dom was more ready than Cuenca and Olmedo.

Proof in the pudding was the resort we went to register Olmo in the end by ditching Christ on a cross.

No doubt though that Flick sees potential in Dom. I'd have personally gone for Olmedo if he wanted a righty (with Cuenca being the highest potential imo of the trio), but seems Flick thinks he is a bit soft defensively.

I'd go with that if he didn't know we also had to sell lenglet too, and still played him in pre season.

Faye had no "knock" that prevented him from playing even off the bench in those games, as seen by the fact that he came off the bench in one and got garbage minutes in another.

The facts
Playing DOM more.

Playing lenglet a player we knew from minute 0 wasn't going to be here at the start of the season.

Faye wasn't injured and couldn't play.

Add these up, conclusion In pretty clear.

DonAK

Flick rating Dom higher than Faye is hardly a knock on the latter considering the scrubs Flick wanted at Bayern.

Let Flick cook, but don't let him buy the ingredients.

DonAK

and fwiw, which is something I think @khaled_a_d also mentioned, Faye's transfer might not have had an impact on the FFP situation this season, but selling him does improve the books and allows them to close the year positively which would impact the FFP next year.

jamrock

and fwiw, which is something I think @khaled_a_d also mentioned, Faye's transfer might not have had an impact on the FFP situation this season, but selling him does improve the books and allows them to close the year positively which would impact the FFP next year.
Yea I saw that, because the story sport ran wasn't adding up.

Porque

I'd go with that if he didn't know we also had to sell lenglet too, and still played him in pre season.

Faye had no "knock" that prevented him from playing even off the bench in those games, as seen by the fact that he came off the bench in one and got garbage minutes in another.

The facts
Playing DOM more.

Playing lenglet a player we knew from minute 0 wasn't going to be here at the start of the season.

Faye wasn't injured and couldn't play.

Add these up, conclusion In pretty clear.

Good point. I can only imagine what chaos and mixed signals were coming from the board though. What we know is that the Faye decision to sell came very early on.

Not sure about if he impacts FFP or not, seeing as LaLiga said B team wages and signings affected first team cap space, so surely it worked the other way round too.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
How do people actually read anything into his performance the other day?
No projections on his development from that short cameo but what was clear is that he is super comfortable on the ball despite playing so high and being pressed - that’s not nothing at this age in a debut, even in a rout since Valladolid were still pressing high when the outcome was never in doubt

I have seen far less impressive debuts from our cantera kids in the past. I remember Fontàs (debuting at 20) for example who never made much of a serious impression that a future at Barca was in the cards. Still too early on Sergi to gauge but has little to do with how he performed for his debut…and he looked comfortable but clearly he was never really tested defensively - of course no one from Barca was

Last edited:

Porque

Cuenca is the one who could smash it if he arrives. Better on the ball than Dom and Cubarsi.

Had a growth spurt too. Was small sized a few years back.

jamrock

Yea we've been hearing a lot about him for a while now, he needs to bulk up, but he could be one for the future.

How is that Italian kid doing? Is he in the B.L first team.

Home of Barca Fans