Sergi Roberto

DrPepper

Good match. Looks like a real alternative in home matches against smaller teams, in order to rest Busquets. If he keeps it up, I'd rather much prefer Roberto in DM than Mascherano. Way better in ball circulation and movement. Although having Xavi helps massively as well.

SwiftGuyver

Oddly enough I think he suits DM more than Samper, the DM in Lucho's system has to be good defensively and Roberto > Samper in that department honestly whenever I see Samper play all i see is Pirlo/Xavi and I think freedom to do his thing wherever whenever would do him well but i'm not the coach so its not my decision.

i agree.

Samper has the potential to play the Xavi role IMO and unless we sign Oliver Torres i'd say he's pretty much the only possible option we have to inherit that spot. it looks like Xavi is probably off in the summer so Samper could be promoted and seriously compete for a starting spot with Rakitić next season.

Sergi Roberto suits the DM position and i reckon he'd accept being Busi's back-up.

Busquets/Sergi Roberto
Rakitić/Samper
Iniesta/Rafinha

Autumn

Loved the game from him yesterday. He may not have the same talent of some of other players, but he makes up for it with intelligence. He was so smooth and smart in his DM role.

He read the game wonderfully. Always was able to get a safe pass in time and covered on defense great too.

I agree that I'd put Roberto in before Masche for DM .

So handsome too :love:

Mido

I was at a point where I started to lose hope, but ROberto's last performances were simply very solid. If he keeps on showing up like that , I want him to get subbed in in bigger games to let Busquets rest a little bit.

Roberto as a Cm is not a good idea though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Proving his reliability at DM once again. He's not out of the question at CM though because I feel he could fit into the Rakitic type support role pretty well with confidence and improvement. He might not be a better or more talented footballer than Rafinha but he's certainly closer to finding a stable place and fitting into the team more. I hope Lucho rotates more with him at CM and prefers him to Masche when Busquets needs to be rested. For rotation games, I'd have no trouble seeing midfield pairings such as Iniesta-Roberto, Xavi-Roberto, or even Rakitic-Roberto. That's preferable to the pain in the ass that is Iniesta-Rafinha.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Roberto subbed in instead of Rafinha? Could it be Rafinha has lost his place to him? Interesting development to keep en eye on.

Home of Barca Fans