Sergi Roberto

Zinedinho

I always thought Roberto's main problem was his lack of creativity. He always had these anonymous "meh" performances. At DM he definitely is far more suited. As Cruyff said: being anonymous or even "invisible" as a DM means the player is doing the job required of him. That position is for the silent worker.

He is short, but he is actually really good in the air, and his passing is tidy and QUICK (really important) and he doesnt need to be that creative anyway at that position. I really wonder why he didnt play more in that position? He said himself that he has played there quite a lot in training.

Yeah, he lacks creativity. He's not bad with through balls from time to time, but he isn't good enough on the ball to make a difference offensively at this level. However, there's something I like about him as well as Bartra. He's one of those hard working guys who seem very focused on improving and never give up. Great attitude. And he knows and loves the club. I've seen a real improvement in his last games, and that's been a surprise. Not bad, not bad! Now I'm not so sure what will be Samper's role next year.

BerkeleyBernie

I always thought Roberto's main problem was his lack of creativity. He always had these anonymous "meh" performances. At DM he definitely is far more suited. As Cruyff said: being anonymous or even "invisible" as a DM means the player is doing the job required of him. That position is for the silent worker.

He is short, but he is actually really good in the air, and his passing is tidy and QUICK (really important) and he doesnt need to be that creative anyway at that position. I really wonder why he didnt play more in that position? He said himself that he has played there quite a lot in training.

I agree. He doesn't read the game very well, but he has tidy quick passing and is hard working. This last game suited his skills much better.

anguy

Has been shockingly good as DM. Our DM seems to be reallt stacked at the moment, both in experience and talent, LOL. Busq, Masch, Roberto and Samper. What would Real give for it. On the other hand we would certainly like to have one of their CMs...

Anyway it is still possible Roberto makes it at Barca. He can play as backup DM and maybe move up in few years like Xavi. He has almost everything except creativity/throughballs.

L

linetty

Fantastic game? Seems like only I think he was below mediocre, no penetration through the lines. Well fantastic for his standards maybe but his last game was much, much better

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
He was invisible, in the way that good dm's are invisible doing what they need to do without much exposure.
So he was invisible in a good way.

Kohe321

Another great game as a DM, if he can keep playing and honing his skills I think he can have a great future as a DM for Barca.

He had some awesome moments showing his strength and pace where he cut off counters. Great stuff.

Jombi

His skills are tailored for the DM role. And damn he is good in the air for his height. Take note Busquets!

Home of Barca Fans