Sergi Roberto

Kohe321

I thought this tweet from barcastuff was worthy of a share. Roberto has some great pass accuracy - now obviously he's not exactly doing high-risk passes either, but still - he does his job well. His movement and positioning in between these passes where he makes himself available is also really good and one of his strong sides.

[tw]585900094643429376[/tw]

BBZ8800

On Camp Nou against bottom table teams, I would always play him as a 2nd option as a Dmc (instead of playing Masch as a 2nd option)

There isn't too much to work defensively in matches like this, and his passing, vision, build up, movement is xx-times better than Masch's.
He just has Barca's Dna.

So, against smaller teams, for cup matches and group stage CL matches (like Hapoel and similar) he is my pick as Busi's replacement in this moment.
In those matches he offers more than Masch.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Would prefer him to Rafinha in just about any game.

Much more suited to playing alongside the likes of Iniesta than Rafinha is.

khaled_a_d

Would prefer him to Rafinha in just about any game.

Much more suited to playing alongside the likes of Iniesta than Rafinha is.

For a CM/AM? have to disagree tbh .Rafinha is far better player IMo .Roberto is more suited to more quit DM role in Lucho system IMHO

Jombi

I think most would agree that Roberto's future with us looks very bright while Rafinha's look very uncertain.

Darko

I think most would agree that Roberto's future with us looks very bright while Rafinha's look very uncertain.

No?
Roberto is clearly less talented and even if he were to play DM, Busi and Samper have that position locked down.

DinhoR10

Oddly enough I think he suits DM more than Samper, the DM in Lucho's system has to be good defensively and Roberto > Samper in that department honestly whenever I see Samper play all i see is Pirlo/Xavi and I think freedom to do his thing wherever whenever would do him well but i'm not the coach so its not my decision.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Roberto has the off the ball movement and determination working for him. Was pleasantly surprised with his pass accuracy tonight.

BerkeleyBernie

Yes, I think deep midfield is his natural position. In a more attacking role, he is more prone to drive into dead ends; he doesn't have the quickness of vision to shift. But playing deep, connecting the defense with the midfield, all he has to do is find the open man/area.

This, of course, also depends on playing a midfield, which Barça had today.

Home of Barca Fans