Sergi Roberto

jamrock

Good for him, but I'd still be happier if he managed to adapt himself to CM position. We look to be stacked at DM for near future - Busq, Masch, Roberto and talent Samper (hell maybe even Gumbau :lol:). Similar situation on AM position - Messi, Rafinha, Halilovic, D. Suarez. 4 of these 8 will likely have to leave and the rest won't play much with Messi and Busq in their prime. Pretty unbalanced squad.

samper will adjust to CM in time, lets just hope he develops into the player we hope, the midfield needs a heir apparent, since we no longer have thiago. lol

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Yeah, another good performance at DM, his defensive capabilities are really good. Positioning was mostly on point, fought for the ball and distributed nicely. Made good use of his strength and grit when fighting for the ball, and also showed off his pace at one point when he initiated a great counter attack.

He had one moment where he could have sent Messi through on goal with a lob, but instead opted for the safer pass up to Alves I think it was, but that's the thing - he's not the player who will break open defenses as his bread and butter, but he does really well at keeping the ball moving while drifting into good positions working as a fluid "joint" between attacking players.

I couldn't believe that was him when he made that run ^^

And yeah there was a situation where he could have setup Messi very nicely but prefered to open to right, but overall great perf.

khaled_a_d

Once again, Roberto first choice youngster off the bench. Going to wait for a bigger sample size, but right now two things I'll keep an eye on:

One, once again it'll be interesting to see if Roberto continues to take minutes from Rafinha as it's looking like the last couple of weeks Roberto might be leap-frogging Rafa in the pecking order.

And two, can he continue to flourish in the deep holding midfielder role. I think it has come to a surprised for many how well he's played in the limited timed given to him there.

Rafinha is playing in different position and competing with different players ,that has to be taken in mind
S.Roberto right now is only competing with Mascherano for back up DM .that is way easier than getting minutes from Iniesta,Rakitic & Xavi .both kids has been solid this season.nothing special but very good reliable bench player IMO
we don't need every La Masia to be Xavi/Iniesta .

L

linetty

Damn he's made gigantic progress this season. Seems like Lucho helped him find his role in the team. Nice

Frodo_FCB

Tottenham and Valencia are trying to sign Barcelona midfielder Sergi Roberto (23) this summer, but Barcelona don't plan to let him go. [md]

A few decent clubs been after him since the start of this season but he'll certainly stay as he's finally starting to play some kind of role in the team.

If he's okay with a squad role I guess, because of his defensive abilities I think he might be able to keep Samper out of the DM role but I don't think he can best Samper/Rafinha for the cm role.

L

linetty

If he's okay with a squad role I guess, because of his defensive abilities I think he might be able to keep Samper out of the DM role but I don't think he can best Samper/Rafinha for the cm role.
Roberto hasn't got the awareness and ability to find free spaces to make options for a pass which automatically makes him unable to successfully perform in the CM role. Lucho eventually realized that and found the perfect role for him, where he could excel and show he's a useful player. I'm very keen to see Samper with the first team finally as I honestly think he's a special player. Also, I'm really curious to see if he can play as a CM because we desperately need a classy player to cover that position.

Roberto hasn't got the awareness and ability to find free spaces to make options for a pass which automatically makes him unable to successfully perform in the CM role. Lucho eventually realized that and found the perfect role for him, where he could excel and show he's a useful player. I'm very keen to see Samper with the first team finally as I honestly think he's a special player. Also, I'm really curious to see if he can play as a CM because we desperately need a classy player to cover that position.

I agree, Samper would be the perfect deputy for Iniesta next season, and by the season after he'll be benching him.

Home of Barca Fans