Sergi Roberto

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Lucho found the right position for him as a DM and keeps playing him out of position as a CM (in fucking San Mames without the usual leaders Iniesta, Busi etc.). Difficult for me to blame this guy for such a match.
Sergi has his limitations and his coach should know them.

Edit: I would also apply this to some other players that played today. I do not expect a back line of Adriano, Vermaelen, Bartra and Dani to play well against Bilbao who are always a tough opponent because of their man oriented pressing that has been bothering Barca teams since years.

Last edited:

silvia

i hope he is hardworker provetype than confidence losing type.
he should watch tonights game again and correct it.
and no more experiment in CM.
btw, he should cut his hair, he looks like innocent young boy with that, when he is old enough.

Co0ter

Roberto will never be a good CM and will never be more than "average" at anything else. He is not a solid back up in any position, he is a player that no matter where you put him there will be a significant decrease in quality compared to our other players.

God Serena

The thing about Roberto is he's not a CM, despite that being his position. He's an odd case, but at the moment he's our best backup for the DM and RB positions. I think it's a bit unfair to ram anyone in our midfield for their performance bar Rafinha to a certain extent. Roberto is a BACKUP player for defensive positions, Mascherano is a so-so CB and a horrendous DM, and Rafinha is a... something(?).

Why Lucho refuses to call B team players up *specifically for situations like this* when they can offer more to the team than the people who are on our bench is beyond me, but the likes of Samper and Grimaldo would have drastically improved that abomination of a showing, and even if they wouldn't have, it couldn't possibly get any worse than what we saw. Just watching the highlights of that farce before I sent it to my friend in the military was painful.

FC B

Shouldn't even be at Barca in the first place.

The guy didin't show once at the first team he is worthy of being a Barca player.

Stric

The Patient Midfielder.

:lol:

Jesus Christ that headline was almost as embarrassing as the Cesc goodbye letter.

Stric

Worst player on the pitch in his last 3 appearances. Either send him on loan or sell him.

Unless you mean next year, why would we ship him out? He's no good, but we can't afford to let midfielders go when we have a transfer ban.

klc123

Unless you mean next year, why would we ship him out? He's no good, but we can't afford to let midfielders go when we have a transfer ban.

If we put him on loan now for experience he could possibly come back in a year or two good enough. As things stand he isn't even good enough for our bench. We will just have to hope that Rakitic, Iniesta and Rafinha will be good enough to get us to January without injury, where Turan can come in.

BBZ8800

If we put him on loan now for experience he could possibly come back in a year or two good enough. As things stand he isn't even good enough for our bench. We will just have to hope that Rakitic, Iniesta and Rafinha will be good enough to get us to January without injury, where Turan can come in.

He is aged 23 already, next Season he will be 24.
Usually players aren't loaned at that age.

You either keep or sell them by then.

Loans in that age usually means that we are trying to get rid of him (like Afellay's or Song's loans in mid-20's)

Stric

We simply can't have only 3 midfielders until January. It's suicide. You make good points, but none of them matter or are applicable when we have a transfer ban.

Home of Barca Fans