Sergi Roberto

cro-man

It makes you think, though, if he was so average in midfield, and suddenly does so well as a right back, how come no manager saw that potential previously?

and still every trainer since pep saw something in him. He was always there and we ( the fans) asked why the hell is here haha.

Match: His defending was good seems to be a better defender as alves but there is much room for improvement in terms of attacking and this something makes dani so special.

xXKonan

Lucho seen something in him that no one knew. Obviously when he was promoted he was known as the "Patient Midfielder" and a lot of people including myself just thought he wasn't good enough to be a Midfielder for us and lacked Creativity there. Lucho moved him to the DM spot during the second half of the season and played a lot better there than he did at CM, and Preseason happened and Lucho went outside the box and played him at RB.

Who knew he would instantly be one of our Most important players in this team in a span of a couple of months. He's performed so well we can Rest Alves a lot more and not wear him down since before the rise of Roberto we didn't have good enough RBs to cover for him. I hope we hang on to Roberto he has a future with this team if he keeps this up!

xXKonan

Don't you think that's pushing it a little bit? He's easily not among our top top 12-13 most important players.
Well I meant to phase that when Alves got injured. as we didn't have any other "Good" Fullback to cover him since he got injured.

Stric

Not among our top 12-13 most important players?

He's our only RB. I'd say that makes him at least top 11.

I'm not talking about this very moment, I'm talking about our squad in general, referring to the post about the preseason and him changing positions.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was impressive and again a great story for the team because he's a terrific culé but watching the match you could see how much space he was gifted - Atletico knew he wasn't going to dribble into the box ala Alves or link up with Messi so they cheated defensively to cover gaps outside the box away from him.

Still, it's a fantastic bit of good fortune to have Roberto slot in for the team at RB - hard to imagine where we'd be with Adriano or Douglas...One of the advantages of going cantera, the kids know the system and because they are often moved around quite a bit during their development, they can adapt to different positions without a dropoff in the team's flow

utility73

Decent enough performance. His defense was very solid yet he could not offer anything in offense.
Atlético always left lots of space for him on purpose because they did not fear that too much danger would originate from him. And they were correct, Roberto practically always stopped and played a back or sideways pass at best. My memory might deceive me but my impression is that he played a little bolder in offense in his two matches being RB before.

But to reiterate his defense was solid so at least no danger was to expected coming from Atlético over his side either.

EdmondDantes

Huge revelation at right-back; Lucho has unearthed a gem; I never saw this lad playing in that position myself but he has been fantastic.

anguy

He was impressive and again a great story for the team because he's a terrific culé but watching the match you could see how much space he was gifted - Atletico knew he wasn't going to dribble into the box ala Alves or link up with Messi so they cheated defensively to cover gaps outside the box away from him.

Teams typically leave our right area of pitch open EVEN WHEN ALVES IS PLAYING. Look at our games last season - he always has ton of space when Messi is not near.

FC B

Good he was safe and played it simple in a unnatural position for him.

I don't get why ppl got that enthusiastic about him as a RB even though he plays way better here than in midfield.

Last edited:

frog-fcb

and still every trainer since pep saw something in him. He was always there and we ( the fans) asked why the hell is here haha.

Match: His defending was good seems to be a better defender as alves but there is much room for improvement in terms of attacking and this something makes dani so special.

Hopefully something similar happens with bartra now also i hope lucho doesnt just bench him again as soon as dani comes back

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I don't get why ppl got that enthusiastic about him as a RB even though he plays way better here than in midfield.

It's the hype train. I've seen some comments as if he's better than Alves already.

khaled_a_d

I am not sure about that tbh
Roberto is mediocre at best as CM ,doesn't belong to a team like Barca at all while he is already showing he is good back up RB
As for DM ,he looked well there but in a very small sample size .actually his small size as a RB might be even bigger than that of DM that's why people like him at that position

Home of Barca Fans