Sergi Roberto

Zinedinho

To be clear about what I mean:

Vidal was a very good forward for Almería, an average forward for Sevilla, and would be a below average forward for Barça. Pedro is much, much better than him in that position.

Barça would've never become interested in Vidal as a forward. Nor Chelsea (who signed Pedro) or any other big team. Sevilla was probably his ceiling. It was as a fullback where he made an impact at a national level. And if you analyze his qualities, it's easy to see why he evolved into a fullback. It's a typical evolution, one that allows an ok forward to be a great fullback. There are countless examples.

Zinedinho

Didn't he play as winger in the NT?

I had to check that out. I have to take that back. Yes, as a winger, with Carvajal as fullback. Honestly, that reminds me a bit of the Alba/Mathieu partnership at Valencia. That's a very different role from that of a forward at Barça.

khaled_a_d

To be clear about what I mean:

Vidal was a very good forward for Almería, an average forward for Sevilla, and would be a below average forward for Barça. Pedro is much, much better than him in that position.

Barça would've never become interested in Vidal as a forward. Nor Chelsea (who signed Pedro) or any other big team. Sevilla was probably his ceiling. It was as a fullback where he made an impact at a national level. And if you analyze his qualities, it's easy to see why he evolved into a fullback. It's a typical evolution, one that allows an ok forward to be a great fullback. There are countless examples.

Right now,who we have better than him in attack after MSN? I mean Iniesta days as LW should be over ,Rafinha isn't that good in the attack and Vidal IMO can offer more right now as a winger in our attack than either Sandro/Munir
I think Barca bought him because of his versatility and because he can be our RB for the future .and he might be
But right now I think Alves/Roberto might be enough at RB and Vidal might be better than anything we have in attack as sub for MSN

There is also a countless examples of FB who turned into wingers .it works both ways

I had to check that out. I have to take that back. Yes, as a winger, with Carvajal as fullback. Honestly, that reminds me a bit of the Alba/Mathieu partnership at Valencia. That's a very different role from that of a forward at Barça.

Carvajal is attack minded FB who is more of is more of a winger than a CB .totally different situation IMO .though yes situation in Barca is also different

Zinedinho

Right now,who we have better than him in attack after MSN? I mean Iniesta days as LW should be over ,Rafinha isn't that good in the attack and Vidal IMO can offer more right now as a winger in our attack than either Sandro/Munir
I think Barca bought him because of his versatility and because he can be our RB for the future .and he might be
But right now I think Alves/Roberto might be enough at RB and Vidal might be better than anything we have in attack as sub for MSN

Rafinha is way more creative than Vidal. Much better in tight spaces. Vidal is better at getting into the space, which perfectly suits the role of our fullbacks.

Sandro and Munir, even if their level of maturity can't be compared with Vidal, are more like backups for Suárez, or even Neymar. More like pure forwards. I would agree that they aren't (still?) good enough for Barça, but they're still better equipped at the finishing department.

Sure, he can play there. I just don't see it. I just hope we go after Nolito if Sandro or Munir don't show some improvement.

There is also a countless examples of FB who turned into wingers .it works both ways

For each FB who turned into a more attacking player I could name at least three that went the opposite direction.

Carvajal is attack minded FB who is more of is more of a winger than a CB .totally different situation IMO .though yes situation in Barca is also different

I was talking about the Alba/Mathieu partnership at Valencia, where Mathieu played many times as a winger and Alba as a fullback, although they interchanged a lot their positions.

Last edited:

silvia

Vidal will be secret recipe at counter attack. Also arda is proven player. i am looking forward both in uniforms.

As for Rafinha, he better plays at center than wing fowards. Roberto finallt found his aptitude.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Vidal will be secret recipe at counter attack.

Vidal and Alba both bombing down the flanks in counterattacks towards the end of games. Gawd...

198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif

Iarwain

I was never his fan and thought this winter window was the time to finally ditch him for good, but now I'm not so sure. I really like what I'm seeing from him at RB.

F

Flavia

I think Lucho hit the nail right in the head with Roberto as a right-back.

He did. A lot of people always said Alves was more a midfielder for Barça than a classic RB. I think that's one of the reasons Bob has been so good there. Which is great. I wasn't really confident about Vidal, and now Aleix could be the "new pedro", and douglas and adriano can be offloaded. And now the team true deficiencies can be addressed in the summer. Another LB, a CB and a CM.

serghei

He did. A lot of people always said Alves was more a midfielder for Barça than a classic RB. I think that's one of the reasons Bob has been so good there. Which is great. I wasn't really confident about Vidal, and now Aleix could be the "new pedro", and douglas and adriano can be offloaded. And now the team true deficiencies can be addressed in the summer. Another LB, a CB and a CM.

I don't see Vidal as a winger for us, I just don't. I'm thinking 2nd LB option for Alba, but I don't know if he played there, or if he can play there and how reliable is his left foot.

Douglas and Adriano offloaded. That goes without saying now. Bartra should leave to another team as well, if we buy a CB. I don't know about Vidal, it's the odd one for me at the moment. I had him locked as Alves' sub and future replacement, but Roberto's game in this season debut has made the fight for our RB spot interesting. Crazy, from no competition for Alves, he now has 2 competitors, 3 if we count Douglas. :lol: If Montoya had stayed, we would've had 5 RBs this january.

serghei

Why not? He has played a lot as a winger. And like Pedro, he goes back to defend.

I don't know, he just looks to me like the kind of player who would suffer in tight spaces, against team that sit back and defend with numbers (and that's like 95% of the teams we play in a season). I think he would look worse than Pedro as a winger for us.

GoGGi

Why so many doubts in Vidal while he didn't even play a single game for Barca? Give him a chance to show what he is capable of and then criticise him.

Home of Barca Fans