Sergi Roberto

Galning

Someone remind me, why do they have it there?

Isn't it that if a Spanish club pays the buy-out clause they have to pay an insane procent of taxes on top of that as well? It was passed in 1985 so would explain a lot, capital loves them moneys.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Isn't it that if a Spanish club pays the buy-out clause they have to pay an insane procent of taxes on top of that as well? It was passed in 1985 so would explain a lot, capital loves them moneys.

Only if the buying and selling club doesn't reach an agreement. Taxes ranging from 25 - 40 %.

J

Jamie Cal

Let's agree to disagree. IMO, his biggest strength is his ability to find solutions in very tight spaces, and his tackling and heading is top notch. Perfect skills for RB and DM for us and I dont think he has had a bad game in any of those positions.

I mean, I agree he's a decent option at DM because he's got a brain and keeps it simple, but that's a very different position to RB, where he really made a name for himself this season. And his crosses at RB were really good too. He's one of the fittest guys in our squad and it shows in how he plays, just like the first goal against Madrid where his first touch leads him into the open field where he excels.

Galning

Only if the buying and selling club doesn't reach an agreement. Taxes ranging from 25 - 40 %.

Yes that's what I mean. Most of the time they reach an agreement of the actual buy-out as a gentleman's agreement so the other club doesn't have to pay the taxes. If they would pay the buy out according to the rules they'd have to pay those taxes which is why they implemented the release clauses into contract I think. Otherwise I don't see anyone benefiting from it, so it would make sense as the 1985 government of Spain was, much like nowadays, in need of money.

mssarm

Yes that's what I mean. Most of the time they reach an agreement of the actual buy-out as a gentleman's agreement so the other club doesn't have to pay the taxes. If they would pay the buy out according to the rules they'd have to pay those taxes which is why they implemented the release clauses into contract I think. Otherwise I don't see anyone benefiting from it, so it would make sense as the 1985 government of Spain was, much like nowadays, in need of money.

As a general rule the buy-out clause is related to players salary . If you value the player that high you should pay him accordingly. All decent clubs follow that. Sergi has every right to reject it, because "we value you as much as Jordi Alba but we are going to pay you way less" doesn't sound right. Of course this is an example, I don't know any details regarding Sergi's buy out negotiations. This is just an illustration.
Let's not forget that the buy out clause also serves fair market value evaluation in the club's books and if they set it to high and sell the player for real market value it will result losses in their financials.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2015/11...eal-disorganisation-allows-barca-to-run-riot/

...For all Suarez, Neymar and Andres Iniesta’s brilliance, they shone when Barcelona were ahead – it was Sergi Roberto who was most crucial when this game was still a contest. He also showed intelligence to vary his movement, later going in behind to collect a wonderful diagonal pass from Iniesta, but it was mainly his movement into midfield which proved important. With Ronaldo staying high up the pitch, there was naturally a huge gap for him to collect possession away from Marcelo, and he also benefitted from Rakitic playing a little deeper than usual, tempting Kroos up the pitch. It created a perfect corridor of space, and while his passing was rarely ambitious, his positioning was vital...

...With that focus on superstars – which has plagued Real for years – it was somehow fitting that the player who put Barcelona in charge was Sergi Roberto. From the teamsheets, he was the least celebrated player, its only non-international, and only present because of injury. Nevertheless, his deep, narrow positioning caused Real all kinds of problem – and and his drift inside, and neat pass to Suarez, was the moment which changed the game. From there, Real’s openness allowed Suarez, Neymar and Iniesta to shine.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Adriano got a 70-80m buyout and he's on the lower ladder in the wage list, so no....not related to salary

khaled_a_d

I read many times it is salary related . but it is sort of very favorable to clubs actually .only players who are in youth level will have low buyout price
Thiago after signing his first 1st team contract had buyout of 90M .
In many cases clubs doesn't even need to make it maximum buyout and it is negotiated

frog-fcb

It shouldnt really matter how much his clause is. As long as he is happy here playing and not getting messed around by the coaches/board there should be no reason for him to want to leave. Even if a club bids his clause im sure his loyalty to the club would make him reject them

xXKonan

Sergi Roberto, recovering from an ankle injury, won't play against Real Sociedad and Villanovense. Could be back for Valencia game. [rac1]

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Let him rest and recover completely.

Hopefully the team can manage to win against la Real and Villanovense without him :D

xXKonan

Stoke City and Bayer Leverkusen have again made enquiries about a transfer of Sergi Roberto (23), but player won't leave now. [weloba]

Home of Barca Fans