Sergi Roberto

Jombi

Well with rumours of Gundogan, Pogba, Verratti I'd also keep it low if I were Sergi Roberto.

Roberto's best positions are RB and DM and none of those are DMs or RBs.

I dont think it is Roberto who is rejecting a higher buyout clause, but stupid Spanish laws. Why they keep these buyout rules when no other big European league require it is beyond me.

Galning

I dont think it is Roberto who is rejecting a higher buyout clause, but stupid Spanish laws. Why they keep these buyout rules when no other big European league require it is beyond me.

The club has nothing to lose if the buy-out would be higher so it is Roberto rejecting a higher one.

And he's played more CM & RB than DM this season, how many games did he even play there? 1? Point still stands, he rather keeps it low because right now he's a squad player and you can't be sure when the next superstar arrives. Good for him.

J

Jamie Cal

Roberto's best positions are RB and DM and none of those are DMs or RBs.

The DM thing is kind of stupid. Like, he's a decent option there, but it's clear watching him this season that he's at his best when the pitch is open in front of him and he has room to breathe, not confined to certain parameters. I shouldn't have to quote how much ground he's covered to prove this, you need only watch him.

El Flaco

William Vainqueur's tackle on Sergi Roberto from behind

[gfy]QuarterlySeriousDromaeosaur[/gfy]

Alternative Angle

[gfy]GivingLightheartedBaldeagle[/gfy]

Last edited:

Jombi

The club has nothing to lose if the buy-out would be higher so it is Roberto rejecting a higher one.

And he's played more CM & RB than DM this season, how many games did he even play there? 1? Point still stands, he rather keeps it low because right now he's a squad player and you can't be sure when the next superstar arrives. Good for him.

AFAIK, the club cant just set whatever buyout clause it wants even if the player agrees. It has to do with what the wage being offered is. I might be wrong though.

Jombi

The DM thing is kind of stupid. Like, he's a decent option there, but it's clear watching him this season that he's at his best when the pitch is open in front of him and he has room to breathe, not confined to certain parameters. I shouldn't have to quote how much ground he's covered to prove this, you need only watch him.

Let's agree to disagree. IMO, his biggest strength is his ability to find solutions in very tight spaces, and his tackling and heading is top notch. Perfect skills for RB and DM for us and I dont think he has had a bad game in any of those positions.

Galning

AFAIK, the club cant just set whatever buyout clause it wants even if the player agrees. It has to do with what the wage being offered is. I might be wrong though.

They can set whatever they want both parties just have to agree.

xXKonan

I bet they will raise it to 75 Million like Rafinha's.

When He Resigned a year ago his Buyout was 30 Million Euros but with Certain Variables it could be 40 Million.

Some Barca fans on other sites are Misinterpreting the tweet thinking Barca would raise it just to "40 Million" but that's his original Buyout Fee if the Variables were met. Not that it matters anyway Roberto is Cule and he's basically a Starter these days for the Best club in the world no way he would want to leave.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I bet they will raise it to 75 Million like Rafinha's.

When He Resigned a year ago his Buyout was 30 Million Euros but with Certain Variables it could be 40 Million.

Some Barca fans on other sites are Misinterpreting the tweet thinking Barca would raise it just to "40 Million" but that's his original Buyout Fee if the Variables were met. Not that it matters anyway Roberto is Cule and he's basically a Starter these days for the Best club in the world no way he would want to leave.

Those release clauses are not helping La Liga teams at all.
Someone remind me, why do they have it there?

Home of Barca Fans