Sergi Roberto

I expect we will see a bit of Busquets in the CM role more likely that Song. Possible both if we sign a good CB and Masch can fill in at DM.

I do think Sergi Roberto will get some time this year and believe he is capable of playing in the Xavi role. Cesc seems the closest comparison though. Unlike Cesc, Sergi hasn't been messed up by the EPL.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We definitely need to experiment as to who will be the CM in the preseason friendlies, I hope Song starts there at least once, as does Cesc.

Galning

Why do you think guys think that Tito will all of a sudden trust Roberto when he didn't even trust Thiago who's better than him?

mixer

Why do you think guys think that Tito will all of a sudden trust Roberto when he didn't even trust Thiago who's better than him?
There's been rumours that Tito will count on Sergi if Thiago leaves, that doesn't mean he'll trust him though

F

Flavia

I don't think Tito will trust in Sergi. But he'll accept the secondary role, of only being played once in a while, that Thiago wouldn't.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's been rumours that Tito will count on Sergi if Thiago leaves, that doesn't mean he'll trust him though

No, it doesn't...But as Flavia pointed out, Sergio is a team first guy without exception really...Of course, he doesn't have the talent or upside that Thiago had so patience is relative

Curious to see both how Tito intends to improve on his abysmal rotations last season along with what sort of player Roberto could become...There's a lot to like about the cantera player but he has largely looked a system player rather than a standout talent...Will he simply be squad depth fodder or is there a genuine 1st team talent lying dormant in there?

For now, just hope Tito trusts the youth and that the young players step up

Meitux

I don't think Tito will trust in Sergi. But he'll accept the secondary role, of only being played once in a while, that Thiago wouldn't.
He may accept secondary role but he will never step up in Xavi's place as Thiago supposed to be, thats the difference.So we will have to buy someone

F

Flavia

He may accept secondary role but he will never step up in Xavi's place as Thiago supposed to be, thats the difference.So we will have to buy someone

Not for this season. Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Busi, Song and Sergi are enough.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know song is physical and can go forward but he can't start in that cm spot. Running a game like Xavi is what's needed in that position and song could never do this. He's also the worst of our midfielders at ball control and passing/vision and doesn't really get the system. He's good as back up for busi and can do a job off the bench like Keita used to.

jamrock

really like old sergi stalled a bit last season with the b team but looked good when he played with the first team, tito will likely give him 5 games next season

JimmyGuitarist

Stats don't lie. Thiago played plenty of games when he came back from injury & would have played way over the % of games it said on his contract had he not been injured at the start of the season.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sergi next year now. That's the amazing thing with Barca. Someone else just gets promoted and, more often than not, does just as good of a job. Sergi Roberto is a quality player. He can control games, set the tempo, brilliant vision & passing; all those stereotypical attributes you'd expect of a La Masia graduate.

ebc_99

Stats don't lie. Thiago played plenty of games when he came back from injury & would have played way over the % of games it said on his contract had he not been injured at the start of the season.
I'm looking forward to seeing Sergi next year now. That's the amazing thing with Barca. Someone else just gets promoted and, more often than not, does just as good of a job. Sergi Roberto is a quality player. He can control games, set the tempo, brilliant vision & passing; all those stereotypical attributes you'd expect of a La Masia graduate.

This is a great point, every year it seems a new youth player comes through. Last year it was Montoya, the year before Tello and before that It was Thiago and so on and it shows no sign of abating which demonstrates a great strength of this club.

It will be interesting to see if his disappointing performances are because he has stagnated in the B team and playing with the senior squad will be what he needs to step up to the required level. There have been many young players around the world who only start showing their best selves when they reach the top level, not just in football but in many sports.

Home of Barca Fans