Sergi Roberto

5ergio_Busquets

Nonsense. He was even named as the Champions League breakthrough player in 2016 based on his RB performances.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2431805.html

Lol, did you watch him play at RB at all? He is an absolute disaster there, an open street for the opponents attackers.
The UEFA thing is probably solely for that remontada goal and nothing more.
You can't be serious in claiming he is a good RB, if he is, why did we sign Semedo then?

Jombi

Lol, did you watch him play at RB at all? He is an absolute disaster there, an open street for the opponents attackers.
The UEFA thing is probably solely for that remontada goal and nothing more.
You can't be serious in claiming he is a good RB, if he is, why did we sign Semedo then?

You are the one who said that he is very bad in every game he has ever played at RB. You dont even understand that 2016 was last year, and the PSG game was in 2017.

I am not the one who said that he is a great RB. I am just calling you out on your ridiculous exaggerations.

5ergio_Busquets

You are the one who said that he is very bad in every game he has ever played at RB. You dont even understand that 2016 was last year, and the PSG game was in 2017.

I am not the one who said that he is a great RB. I am just calling you out on your ridiculous exaggerations.

It's not an exaggeration at all!
Roberto can't play as RB, simple as that.
He is very slow, he can't defend and when he gets forward on the wing the only thing he can do is pass the ball backwards to Messi or Rakitic.

Jombi

It's not an exaggeration at all!
Roberto can't play as RB, simple as that.
He is very slow, he can't defend and when he gets forward on the wing the only thing he can do is pass the ball backwards to Messi or Rakitic.

Of course its a ridiculous exaggeration to claim he has been very bad in every single game he has played as RB. I dont want him to be our RB, but you are just exaggerating and people are using his performance at RB as a way to bash his qualities in midfield as well. He doesnt deserve that at all.

hulinat

he can play as a rb, he's not slow and it's smarter for him to pass the ball back to messi or rakitic rather than making a cross and losing posession.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Everyone remembers the 4-0 win in the bernabeu, but Roberto played the rw instead of Messi that day. Dani Alves was the right back.

5ergio_Busquets

Of course its a ridiculous exaggeration to claim he has been very bad in every single game he has played as RB. I dont want him to be our RB, but you are just exaggerating and people are using his performance at RB as a way to bash his qualities in midfield as well. He doesnt deserve that at all.

Well, put Messi and Suarez as RB and LB against Granada or Getafe at the Camp Nou and they will do well.
LOl, in some games you could even play Iniesta as Goalkeeper and he would seem to have done well, because the opponent's wouldn't make a single shot on target but you would praise Iniesta for his great passing and building the play from the back. A Fullback is as the word says a Defender so his main task is defense, while attacking qualities are a plus.
When you want to judge a player in position you have to see his performance in big games against strong teams.

5ergio_Busquets

he can play as a rb, he's not slow and it's smarter for him to pass the ball back to messi or rakitic rather than making a cross and losing posession.

Yeah, he is lightning fast :lol:
And sure sometimes it's wiser to pass the ball back, but not all the time like he does.

Jombi

Well, put Messi and Suarez as RB and LB against Granada or Getafe at the Camp Nou and they will do well.
LOl, in some games you could even play Iniesta as Goalkeeper and he would seem to have done well, because the opponent's wouldn't make a single shot on target but you would praise Iniesta for his great passing and building the play from the back. A Fullback is as the word says a Defender so his main task is defense, while attacking qualities are a plus.
When you want to judge a player in position you have to see his performance in big games against strong teams.

More nonsense from you. A player doesnt have to be superb in every CL knockout game against RM and other big games to not be classified as "very bad in every game he plays". This is just exaggerated.

5ergio_Busquets

More nonsense from you. A player doesnt have to be superb in every CL knockout game against RM and other big games to not be classified as "very bad in every game he plays". This is just exaggerated.

You are the one taking nonsense kid.
Dani Alves or any other world class fullback surely wasn't superb in EVERY big game to be considered world class.

Jombi

You are the one taking nonsense kid.
Dani Alves or any other world class fullback surely wasn't superb in EVERY big game to be considered world class.

Yes? And? A player doesnt deserve to be labeled as bad in every game he plays just because he is not superb against RM in CL knockout games.

5ergio_Busquets

Yes? And? A player doesnt deserve to be labeled as bad in every game he plays just because he is not superb against RM in CL knockout games.

Who said in every game? Like I said in some small games he can look great because he will not have to defend and that's the department where where he lacks most and that's also the main task of a fullback.

Jombi

Who said in every game? Like I said in some small games he can look great because he will not have to defend and that's the department where where he lacks most and that's also the main task of a fullback.

You said Roberto was always very bad whenever he plays RB. Thats nonsense. I'd rather have him there than really crappy dumb players, thats for sure.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans