Sergi Roberto

5ergio_Busquets

You said Roberto was always very bad whenever he plays RB. Thats nonsense. I'd rather have him there than really crappy dumb players, thats for sure.

You shouldn't take words literally like this, because then you would start arguments all the time on irrelevant matters.
You got my point which is: Roberto is a bad RB.

Jombi

You shouldn't take words literally like this, because then you would start arguments all the time on irrelevant matters.
You got my point which is: Roberto is a bad RB.

You dont have a point. Most people agree that Roberto is better as midfielder than as RB. Thats nothing new. Thats a far cry from claiming he is very bad in every game he plays and just reeks of bashing for the sake of bashing.

5ergio_Busquets

You dont have a point. Most people agree that Roberto is better as midfielder than as RB. Thats nothing new. Thats a far cry from claiming he is very bad in every game he plays and just reeks of bashing for the sake of bashing.
He shouldn't play at RB again because he doesn't perform well there.
I'm not against Roberto but against the decision to play him at RB, and it wasn't him that made that decision.

Jombi

He shouldn't play at RB again because he doesn't perform well there.
I'm not against Roberto but against the decision to play him at RB, and it wasn't him that made that decision.

He will play again as long as we have no proper backup for Nelsinho. You just have to deal with it. He can often get the job done, certainly not shit in every game he plays there.

Truthist

Well, put Messi and Suarez as RB and LB against Granada or Getafe at the Camp Nou and they will do well.
LOl, in some games you could even play Iniesta as Goalkeeper and he would seem to have done well, because the opponent's wouldn't make a single shot on target but you would praise Iniesta for his great passing and building the play from the back. A Fullback is as the word says a Defender so his main task is defense, while attacking qualities are a plus.
When you want to judge a player in position you have to see his performance in big games against strong teams.

Your username is in theory a defensive midfielder, therefore defending counter attacks should be his forte but he sucks balls against any top team with fast attackers.

FinBarcelonafan

He is fine vs teams like Alaves. They barely played offense. No idea why they didn't start with Semedo, though. He was excellent earlier.

Horatio

You're welcome
He is fine vs teams like Alaves. They barely played offense. No idea why they didn't start with Semedo, though. He was excellent earlier.

For the exact same reason Semedo should have been played though. He can still use some playing time to get into the Barca groove.

Think he should start in midfield for the season. Should be better than Rakitic or the Lord. Roberto-Busquets-Coutinho (assuming we get Coutinho). Iniesta rotates with Coutinho (two AMs would be a disaster). Get someone better for Roberto's spot next summer.

Windhook

It'd take time to develop and fulfill his potential. Arguably Barcelona's greatest midfielder in history, Xavi, became key player for the club late in his career at the age of 26-27. Sergi is 25 and no, I'm not saying he is the "next Xavi", but he should be given opportunity to develop in a midfielder role.

kattanib

Desperate times call for desperate measure .. we have played Jefferin as RB in one season when needed.

Roberto is CM and should be only played there unless NEEDED in RB .. he should adapt to the CM position and is actually a starter material

wisconsincule

I don't mind him starting to see what we have. At least he offers a little something going forward and has pace. He needs to essentially relearn the position but I don't see how it won't come back to him...

ebieymjunior

This will be the year where we'll see if he can be a true #8 CM or only the versatile #12 midfielder. Fingers crossed; although I have my doubts, but he could still prove his worth

clemente

If we don't get anything today or tomorrow, he is gonna have to play out of his mind, summon his inner Xavi or something, Its so depressing that our midfield might be the same as last season..

JamDav1982

Second renewal priority after Messi. This guy is very good and he should be starting in midfield this season

I like him but not sure he should be a definite starter. He has great energy but is not amazing technically in tight areas and can get pushed off the ball a bit easily. It is why he looks better bombing forward I think as going verticle he gets out muscled less often and caught less on ball.

If he is to be a a starter there will need to be a mix in there to suit him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans