Sergi Roberto

Windhook

I think Valverde is too much obsessed with the squad rotation. I hope it works, because once we reach March-April period the squad starts to lose its focus.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He has started only once as a CM this season. Once. 5 appearances as a RB - not at all a change from the last season. His talent is wasted. Whenever he played as a CM/CDM he has mostly performed well since 14/15.

M

MessiCam

Against Betis he took up an advanced midfield role and he was fantastic. He should start over Rakitic.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He is a bit like Kaka with his ability to go on those lung-bursting runs and can give in those occasional killer through-balls.....

I hope we won't lose out on him. Definitely, deserves to start in midfield ahead of Rakitic and Gomes

Messi983

He has started only once as a CM this season. Once. 5 appearances as a RB - not at all a change from the last season. His talent is wasted. Whenever he played as a CM/CDM he has mostly performed well since 14/15.

He's been playing good as RB too so far this season so I don't think his talent is wasted there.

M

MessiCam

He's been playing good as RB too so far this season so I don't think his talent is wasted there.

I think it is. he is a very good passer of the ball and he should be able to use that skill in midfield not on overlapping runs.

aaron101

Why the hell does Valverde keeps on starting Rakitic ahead of Sergi? I wonder how many fuck ups does Rakitics have to do to make Sergi Roberto start ahead of him.

Xaviniesta

I'm thinking the only way Roberto and Denis can play together is in a 4-2-3-1. We should try this formation again, it worked well when we played Real Betis

2tFkrHO.png

M

MessiCam

I'm thinking the only way Roberto and Denis can play together is in a 4-2-3-1. We should try this formation again, it worked well when we played Real Betis

2tFkrHO.png
It’s really not all that different to a 4-3-3. Dynamics are the same. It still requires 2 wingers for it to be effective and that Roberto is not. Against Betis he played in the central role. With Alcácer and Deulofeu taking on the wide roles.

It could work but it would require Messi playing deeper. Basically as a 10.

M

MessiCam

This is how I’d line up to include both Roberto and Denis.

If I’m going to be completely honest, the False 9 system is not working with Suárez an automatic starter. Alba is having to do too much in attack. It requires an out an out winger or a versatile CF like Griezmann.

With a full squad, playing False 9, I’d have Dembélé LW, Messi CF and Deulofeu RW with Denis playing in midfield. You’d have to start phasing Iniesta out unless you want a situation like Thiago all over again.

Attachments

• C52B785A-CEEF-482E-87B0-37B770ECC1A3.jpg
    C52B785A-CEEF-482E-87B0-37B770ECC1A3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2

khaled_a_d

I think it is. he is a very good passer of the ball and he should be able to use that skill in midfield not on overlapping runs.

Roberto is the only play-making FB we have in the team, Alba is good offensively but not in the play-making, surely Digne isn't and Semedo seem too defensive atm and even in attacking he doesn't show much of play-making. That is why Roberto will be needed a lot as a RB

M

MessiCam

Roberto is the only play-making FB we have in the team, Alba is good offensively but not in the play-making, surely Digne isn't and Semedo seem too defensive atm and even in attacking he doesn't show much of play-making. That is why Roberto will be needed a lot as a RB

I've noticed this too. Semedo has been very circumspect. Maybe Valverde's tactics or just no confidence...

MessiTHEgoat

why did we bought a RB? wasn't to play this guy on the midfield? why semedo isn't starting? he's one of the best rb outta there.

and no denis again :/ , starting to lose faith on EV...

Home of Barca Fans