Sergi Roberto

Windhook

I was a bit stressed at the beginning of the game. Looks like he's learned to position himself really well on the right. Marcelo's tricks didn't work at all today. Second half CR7 moved to the center leaving Sergi Roberto completely free to rush forward. It is somebody's tactical mistake in the end - Zidane or Cristiano, don't care much.

Horatio

You're welcome
This man is becoming less of a squad player with every game. Seems like a reliable force in big games.
If he was better on taking on defenders in 1 on 1's he would be shy of world class.

xXKonan

If there's one thing I wish it's for him to be a bit more combative when it comes to defending. I feel like there's several occasions he should be a bit more aggressive instead of backing up and giving the guy room but other than that he's improving.

Alik

Big game player.

Can always count on him to do something special.

This man is becoming less of a squad player with every game. Seems like a reliable force in big games.
If he was better on taking on defenders in 1 on 1's he would be shy of world class.

Becoming less of a squad player and more of a legend.

Antimadridista1

If there's one thing I wish it's for him to be a bit more combative when it comes to defending. I feel like there's several occasions he should be a bit more aggressive instead of backing up and giving the guy room but other than that he's improving.

Completely agree. He doesn't have the personality of an agressive defender because he's not a defender yet. He's still learning the process but he's a very good player.
I like when he runs with the ball, really mastering this aspect of the game.

MIXA

He has the talent but perhaps lacks the ego to reach the elite level. Hopefully his confidence will continue to grow with every big moment that goes his way.

If Roberto had a Suárez / Ronaldo / Alves type of personality then his career would have grown at a faster rate. As things currently stand however, he’s not doing too bad at all.

Last edited:

Givenchy

The thing is that when Semedo came on, he absolutely shat on RM's midfield in every aspect. Would love to see him in RCM position again.

this. once Semedo is trusted and nails down that RB position Bob needs to be starting in midfield. never thought i'd say that but hes more than a squad player these days

------------MaTS
Semedo-Pique-Umtiti-Alba
-------------Busi
---------Bob-Coutinho
Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

xXKonan

Completely agree. He doesn't have the personality of an agressive defender because he's not a defender yet. He's still learning the process but he's a very good player.
I like when he runs with the ball, really mastering this aspect of the game.
Yeah at the moment I think he doesn't feel like he has the confidence yet to go all in and be aggressive when needed. But in time I think he will eventually get more confident in that area.

He will be what Oscar De Marcos was to Valverde at Bilbao, except Roberto is definitely a lot more talented than Marcos is. I think the manager change will be a god send to Bob in terms of improving his overall defensive skill set which seems to be the case so far this season.

Lucho laid down the foundation back in 2015/16 and the 16/17 it seems fitting to have Valverde continue to shape Roberto even more.

Horatio

You're welcome
He has the talent but perhaps lacks the ego to reach the elite level. Hopefully his confidence will continue to grow with every big moment that goes his way.

If Roberto had a Suárez / Ronaldo / Alves type of personality then his career would have grown at a faster rate. As things currently stand however, he’s not doing too bad at all.

The flipside is that if he had a Ronaldo / Alves type of personality he would have left.

Home of Barca Fans