Sergi Roberto

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sergi Roberto is good enough to play multiple positions for Barcelona. Managers want him in the team despite it being at a position which is not his preferred one.
If he was not good enough, he would rot on the bench or leave like Bartra or other guys.
He is part of the Spanish national team and other top clubs would pay quite a big sum for him so stop this nonsense with him being an average player.

Danic

Sergi Roberto is good enough to play multiple positions for Barcelona. Managers want him in the team despite it being at a position which is not his preferred one.
If he was not good enough, he would rot on the bench or leave like Bartra or other guys.
That would be in the ideal world where no mistakes happen and the flowers grow nice everywhere. Cmon, thats pretty much a bullshit argument.
Did u watch the last game vs Las Palmas?? Valverdes glorious lineup. In ur ideal world that lineup would never have happened cause at least Vidal wouldnt be in the team anymore....
Of course roberto is a solid player but still he was overperforming on RB position for some time.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Sergi is no.1 on his position. Semedo is his back up.
Paulinho, Gomes, Vidal and Paco (Deu and Denis at the beginning of the season) are all squad players who have to fill up the one vacant spot in the starting eleven. If Dembele stayed injury free, he would be the starter on the right side. But none of the four is a clear starter.

Barcilliant

Sergi is no.1 on his position. Semedo is his back up.
Paulinho, Gomes, Vidal and Paco (Deu and Denis at the beginning of the season) are all squad players who have to fill up the one vacant spot in the starting eleven. If Dembele stayed injury free, he would be the starter on the right side. But none of the four is a clear starter.

If that is the case he may be the worst right back to play for a top 5 European club.

MessiTHEgoat

people actually doubting his quality?

remember when he played as RM against betis 5-0 away? against real madrid in the second half?

RB was never the poisition, that's why we all wanted a new RB so we can move him to the midfield, sad semedo got injured after he started performing well.

I wouldn't mind Roberto at Right mid and Semedo at right back honestly. Give Roberto more freedom to do his attacking runs to cross the ball while Semedo does the defending which is what he's got at.

I know Aleix Vidal can do much of the same but people on here don't rate him for some reason. I've always been impressed by his pace personally

Windhook

I'd have loved having Sergi Roberto in an Iniesta role in midfield, but he's grown so much as RB this season. It will be a crime to start Semedo or Aleix Vidal over him. 20 years later again we have another Sergi as right full-back.

booge

He is still a weak link at RB. Although got to admit he has improved at his role. Obviously been putting the work in.
You'de probably find out how good he really is against Chelsea. That will be a good test.

Home of Barca Fans