Sergi Roberto

oz187

The fact he got 10 minutes at the end of a tight away game in only the second game of the season shows the management have confidence in him :)

Galning

When a team is able to bench Iniesta and still field a midfield consisting of Song-Fàbregas-Xavi you know it's going to be hard for a youngster to get a shot. It's the reason Thiago left and I'm sure it's going to be the reason why some other youngsters will have to leave as well in the near future.

Stric

I think many of us were "seduced" by Tata playing Sergi, Montoya, Bartra and others in preseason games. Since La Liga started, it's become clear who Tata's priorities are.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
When a team is able to bench Iniesta and still field a midfield consisting of Song-Fàbregas-Xavi you know it's going to be hard for a youngster to get a shot. It's the reason Thiago left and I'm sure it's going to be the reason why some other youngsters will have to leave as well in the near future.

Maybe, maybe not. Xavi's time will be up in 2 seasons time and we really don't have such talent coming up - Sergio looks alright, but not really that special. Samper is the other one that could break through, but by the time he would be introduced Xavi will probably be retired.

Stric

Seems like JDS is getting the nod more than him. Looks like Tata sees more in JDS than in S.Roberto.

Yup, I'm also pretty sure that's the way it is. Not necessarily that he has a higher opinion of JdS, but that he sees him as the first option between the two.

coura

Banned
I think many of us were "seduced" by Tata playing Sergi, Montoya, Bartra and others in preseason games. Since La Liga started, it's become clear who Tata's priorities are.

He can try some of them, specially in home games against weaker teams.

B

beautifulgame

lol they'll play when its appropriate.

its actually pretty common that young players get more time in preseason than when things matter.

Home of Barca Fans