Sergi Roberto

psychotsek

When Iniesta was just at same age (or even a bit younger) in 2005-2006 season,he was a good rotational player in the squad,a squad that had Xavi,Deco,Van Bommel competing for 2 spots ,and won Liga & CL and was considered 2nd best Barca team ever back then
Xavi also had a gr8 career start ,granted we were worse team ,but his talent was obvious,not to mention much more success at youth level
Saying that Iniesta became the real deal at 24 or "xavi didn't shine that much before 28" is False ,they became top 10 players in the world at that age ,but they were key players younger than that . If a player is comparable to them at same age it was Thiago not Sergi
Again,Roberto is gonna have a good career ahead of him ,but I have high doubts he is future star in our midfield ,that will be asking too much of him,Being loyal and patient is good attributes for a star to have,but they aren't what makes you a star

While your thoughts about Xavi and Don are right you are judging a player that has had few rare appearances in starting eleven.Every player even Messi and Ronaldo can't perform at their best like this.Heck,i remember back when Xavi,Iniesta and even Puyol started playing everyone was wondering how can Barca play with those players and win anything.Give the lad a year or two like we did with Gesc,Alexis,king Eric and then judge him.

khaled_a_d

While your thoughts about Xavi and Don are right you are judging a player that has had few rare appearances in starting eleven.Every player even Messi and Ronaldo can't perform at their best like this.Heck,i remember back when Xavi,Iniesta and even Puyol started playing everyone was wondering how can Barca play with those players and win anything.Give the lad a year or two like we did with Gesc,Alexis,king Eric and then judge him.

I didn't say I want him to leave and I am basing my opinion on both his 1st team games and Barca B
All what I want to say,that people should base expectations on his ability and potential not on what they want him to be ,many expcted Montoya to be the next gr8 player(ala Alves) on RB ,now that he isn't living up to their expectations you will find a lot of harsh criticism . we need to learn to like use good players from our Cantera who aren't superstars,every team need a good bench with good role player,no need to pay 10+ millions for the likes of Keita and Adriano every few years when you have players like Montoya,Sergi who can fit the role
And I hope he can be a superstar,I am a barca fan and I hope every youngster is the next best thing. just being realistic here

DinhoR10

Played well in his limited time, a couple misplaced balls but the link up play with neymar up top is very promising.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Better than Cesc? Maybe at false nine. But in midfield, Cesc has been one of our best players this season!

KhaledBarca

I like Sergi, he should play more...
But please don;t compare him with Cesc, long way to go!
I think its unfair to Cesc that he's getting all the hate because Tata/Tito/Pep like to play him as a false 9 for some reason. Weird thing he's been BRILLIANT when he plays as an attacking midfielder this season and seasons before, why change his position?

psychotsek

I didn't say I want him to leave and I am basing my opinion on both his 1st team games and Barca B
All what I want to say,that people should base expectations on his ability and potential not on what they want him to be ,many expcted Montoya to be the next gr8 player(ala Alves) on RB ,now that he isn't living up to their expectations you will find a lot of harsh criticism . we need to learn to like use good players from our Cantera who aren't superstars,every team need a good bench with good role player,no need to pay 10+ millions for the likes of Keita and Adriano every few years when you have players like Montoya,Sergi who can fit the role
And I hope he can be a superstar,I am a barca fan and I hope every youngster is the next best thing. just being realistic here

I'm with you. All I'm trying to say is that whether they become legends,good players or leave after two seasons it's to be seen.Some players need time to adjust and develop.And don't forget these kids have to fill in some of greatest players in football history.
If our squad could be sth like
Montoya Bartra Pique Alba
Sergi Sergio Iniesta
Pedro Messi Neymar
and win every trophy
then it wouldn't just be great it would amazing.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

lol at shitting his pants when he had the ball facing the goal.

DinhoR10

I'm with you. All I'm trying to say is that whether they become legends,good players or leave after two seasons it's to be seen.Some players need time to adjust and develop.And don't forget these kids have to fill in some of greatest players in football history.
If our squad could be sth like
Montoya Bartra Pique Alba
Sergi Sergio Iniesta
Pedro Messi Neymar
And could win every trophy
Then it wouldn't just be great it would amazing.

My Favourite line up altho Alves can be put in if need be.

Home of Barca Fans