Sergi Roberto

clemente

These washed oldheads make me miss Mascherano, always a warrior on the pitch, and found another club as soon as his legs started go.

khaled_a_d

Well, I won't mind having him for last year of his contract.
Least of our problems atm, short contract and versatile player in a team that likely willbe with small squad

Saladin

Well, I won't mind having him for last year of his contract.
Least of our problems atm, short contract and versatile player in a team that likely willbe with small squad

Stop it with the versatility argument. He is shite in every position and is a huge liability if we want to win anything. He is not the least of our player problems, he is a symptom of everything that is wrong with our clubs current state.

This fraud earns more than the likes of Alba, Ter Stegen, Pedri and Fati. It would be an even bigger achievement to let him go than to buy Haaland.

raedkuwait

Stop it with the versatility argument. He is shite in every position and is a huge liability if we want to win anything. He is not the least of our player problems, he is a symptom of everything that is wrong with our clubs current state.

This fraud earns more than the likes of Alba, Ter Stegen, Pedri and Fati. It would be an even bigger achievement to let him go than to buy Haaland.
Agree and the same can be said for a lot of our
Players, letting them go is urgent and more important
Than any thing else or signing.

vuji_31

He is trolling. There is no arfticle like that in MD LOL.

Even if it is don't bring it up here, we just pray that this overpaid idiot who was first top blame in our biggest losses ever, leaves the club ASAP.

zanela

He's CL winning level, and La Liga winning level. Over four seasons of liga wins, he played over 6500mins.
The names that are listed as his replacement has MUCH to prove in order to show usefulness for a winning team.
It's not about making assists in Lyon or having a high score in FIFA or whatever.

The Barcelona players that are now seen as pure trash and on their way out were often much higher rated when they came, than the ones you people now want in to replace them.
You are in a constant circle of seeing the grass greener on the other side, neglecting what you have.

I am gonna have to disagree with your position on Roberto. We could make a case for all the remaining veterans in our squad as they can still showcase rare moments of quality and represent some value in the market. But Roberto is very dispensable.

Roberto's tenure has political underpinnings.

Thiago led U-21s to two trophies, but with Roberto they didn't even qualify. Not saying it was his fault but the significant drop in quality played a part. Then when the former was quickly moved on to generate funds for Neymar's transfer, the board tried to placate the fans (for losing an elite canterano) by resorting to promoting Roberto (The patient midfielder'), rather relentlessly. He went on to deliver moments of utility under Enrique, but that should not be mistaken for any real substance. He has no attribute of note, technical or tactical, and being able to run about aimlessly in different roles doesn't equate to being versatile in my book. He's a stark reminder of the previous board's incompetence. And, it's a travesty that he's considered for any leadership role. He's nicknamed 'scruberto' outside this forum, and I find it quite apt as a description although it may be deemed a bit harsh.

He is definitely good at one thing: daily serum wars (despite the exorbitant salary). :lol:

Off-topic, but are you a blast from the past? Your posting is old-school and you remind me of a poster from the bygone era. :p

Bobo32

I am gonna have to disagree with your position on Roberto. We could make a case for all the remaining veterans in our squad as they can still showcase rare moments of quality and represent some value in the market. But Roberto is very dispensable.

Roberto's tenure has political underpinnings.

Thiago led U-21s to two trophies, but with Roberto they didn't even qualify. Not saying it was his fault but the significant drop in quality played a part. Then when the former was quickly moved on to generate funds for Neymar's transfer, the board tried to placate the fans (for losing an elite canterano) by resorting to promoting Roberto (The patient midfielder'), rather relentlessly. He went on to deliver moments of utility under Enrique, but that should not be mistaken for any real substance. He has no attribute of note, technical or tactical, and being able to run about aimlessly in different roles doesn't equate to being versatile in my book. He's a stark reminder of the previous board's incompetence. And, it's a travesty that he's considered for any leadership role. He's nicknamed 'scruberto' outside this forum, and I find it quite apt as a description although it may be deemed a bit harsh.

He is definitely good at one thing: daily serum wars (despite the exorbitant salary). :lol:

Off-topic, but are you a blast from the past? Your posting is old-school and you remind me of a poster from the bygone era. :p

He is definitely no Thiago and never was, and if his salary is as good as reported, he has got a good agent.
I am not an economics guy but a football guy though, and I think he's still useful. He is a little bit quicker than your usual la masia player, but otherwise nothing very special. A lot better than bringing a speculative option from elsewhere though, especially if there is no money (and no money to get from selling him). The obvious thing to do is use him for the length of his contract, and offer a new one that is in line with his ability and worth.

I don't want to be a political guy on this forum either, but there are obviously questions around him... I also thought he behaved very childishly in the Barcelona documentary when he described Busquets as a future manager because he was so serious or whatever. I don't really like the guy, but he plays pretty well, and it's a bit sad to see people scapegoating him as much - switch the shirts of Dest and Roberto and the critique would be much harsher.

No, I registered the first day I found this site and have been rumoured to be numerous previous guys and quite a few current as well (they think I have time and interest to use multiple accounts)

vuji_31

In best case he leaves.
In worst case for him he spends one year at home.

Realistic. He stays at lower contract.

Let's hope for first option.

snowy

He is definitely no Thiago and never was, and if his salary is as good as reported, he has got a good agent.
I am not an economics guy but a football guy though, and I think he's still useful. He is a little bit quicker than your usual la masia player, but otherwise nothing very special. A lot better than bringing a speculative option from elsewhere though, especially if there is no money (and no money to get from selling him). The obvious thing to do is use him for the length of his contract, and offer a new one that is in line with his ability and worth.

I don't want to be a political guy on this forum either, but there are obviously questions around him... I also thought he behaved very childishly in the Barcelona documentary when he described Busquets as a future manager because he was so serious or whatever. I don't really like the guy, but he plays pretty well, and it's a bit sad to see people scapegoating him as much - switch the shirts of Dest and Roberto and the critique would be much harsher.

No, I registered the first day I found this site and have been rumoured to be numerous previous guys and quite a few current as well (they think I have time and interest to use multiple accounts)

About his relative usefulness, we've got to consider he's been sidelined 169 days due to muscle injuries + 2 weeks due to Covid. He's always been sub-par defensively but he's been very poor offensively as well.

Dest has put out even worse numbers with only 0.05 goal creating actions per 90 whilst being so-so in defense.

Best options we've got for RB are Mingueza and Royal as Laporta is sure to exercise the 6 mil option. These two are much better in defense with double the tackles and interception rates. Combine them with creative RM and RW for best balance.

Home of Barca Fans