Sergi Roberto

Porque

If you can not identify his god given world class talent from this clip then I don't know what to say about you. Madrid just paid 100m to acquire someone of this level, yet you moron anti-catalan brigade of doofus can not appreciate that we are blessed to be able to renew Roberto for less than his last contract.

Porque

MD or Sport (iirc MD) said a few days ago that it was a low cost signing for not two, but three positions.

Can't argue with that logic really. The only downside is that we can't play him in those three positions at once.

Messi983

MD or Sport (iirc MD) said a few days ago that it was a low cost signing for not two, but three positions.

Can't argue with that logic really. The only downside is that we can't play him in those three positions at once.

Tru.

Tbh in isolation I'm ok with renewing Roberto. Can still be useful if stays healthy (pretty big IF though).

What's more problematic is resigning Roberto and Alves while also signing Azpi. But then again, they would all be on short term contracts and if besides them we can also sign someone like Arnau Martinez and leave him on loan at Girona for another season then I'd be also fine with that.

Porque

Yeah.

To be fair we have to be a little more patient with the transfer window. Rumours are churning, but nothing will happen before the 16th when the Members vote on allowing the acceptance of the rights and BLM sales.

Sport speculated that with rumours of Alves re-signing and the interest in Azpi (and now they speculate Dodo) that Xavi may want Roberto back in midfield. He can be fine at DMC for some games tbf.

My biggest gripe is Xavi insisting on keeping players like Roberto, Alves to prop up an old system instead of evolving it based off of a newer core and building around their dynaminism. But perhaps I'm too cynical and what we saw last year was the lowest hanging fruit to achieve our goals, and next season we will get more of Xavi ideas implemented. Which he surely has a footballing mastermind for.

Home of Barca Fans