Sergi Roberto

Messigician

Sergi Roberto has relapsed from his injury. However, his renewal is not in danger. He has accepted a 60% salary reduction.

? @mundodeportivo

fergus90

30 years old, ridiculously injury-prone in recent years, and a high earner. All the variables that make releasing him a no-brainer but no, not in Barcelona.

Rory

Is it out of loyalty to the player that we're renewing him? We've already paid him tens of millions throughout his time here. Given him his dream job and life. I think we've done our part. Thank you and good luck!

FinBarcelonafan

Yikes. Yikes.

That's bad and nobody was excited about this deal two days ago. Now with the relapse? WOW bad.

My guess: He won't even play next season more than 10 games.

vuji_31

F*** xavi and his tactics,targets and amigos.

Bring us ten haag and we would be miles away fron this situation with vetarns and idiots like roberto.

Mark my words,xavi will put final nail in barca coffin with shitty transfer targezs like ferran and signing robertos.

xXKonan

So is this the guy that is supposed to solve our abyss at the RB position? I'm starting to believe the idea that we'll end up with him and Alves/Apilz as our two RBs next season. If that happens holy shit we deserve what we have coming to us.

Guy got injured again and he didn't even set foot on the pitch.

Porque

Sport article today confirms that Xavi was instrumental in forcing the Sergi Roberto renewal and re-opening negotiations.

Without Xavi, Roberto would be gone.

I know we all knew that, but it was still baffling to read.

The bigger issue ensuing is that if Xavi does that for Roberto, then what about when the time comes for Alba, Pique... Busquets. Will he be willing to be the guy to push for starting replacements? Or another that looks at everything around them.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Sport article today confirms that Xavi was instrumental in forcing the Sergi Roberto renewal and re-opening negotiations.

Without Xavi, Roberto would be gone.

I know we all knew that, but it was still baffling to read.

The bigger issue ensuing is that if Xavi does that for Roberto, then what about when the time comes for Alba, Pique... Busquets. Will he be willing to be the guy to push for starting replacements? Or another that looks at everything around them.

This was always my biggest concern with Xavi. Should've waited until all his amigos are gone.

Andresito

Staff member
Big ass salary reduction and 1 year isn't the end of the world.

Could be the 6th midfielder if Nico is loaned out (Busi, Kessie, Frenkie, Gavi, Pedri) and backup RB. Won't be getting that many minutes either way.

xXKonan

It's something that we've let go of some big names in the past couple of years such as Vidal, Rakitic, Suarez, and Messi. But Ter Stegen, Busi, Alba, Pique, and now Sergi Roberto of all people are somehow immortal.

It's true Vidal, Rakitic, Suarez, and Messi all declined over the years and we made the right choice to move on, but it's sad that the other group of players has survived the damn purge. Granted Messi's contract renewal ended up being far more complicated than expected and we had to pull the plug, it's still pretty sickening that our Greatest ever player was let go before the likes of Mats, Busi, and Alba, Pique and Roberto.

How Pique will manage to escape scrutiny by the club, despite those leaked tapes blows my mind, the guy is a fucking rat.

When was the last time Mats put up a good season? it's been quite awhile, the guy is the Jordi Alba of Goal Keepers, always seems to crumble when the pressure is on.

Busi, no one can criticize this guy online without the Catalan press, deeming everyone that dares criticize him a dirty Foreigner. Guy has been finished for years now.

Alba, we needed to move on from this clown the day he decided to cry at HT at Anfield, in a tie that we still had the advantage. Every season without fail he goes on a good streak that fools people into believing he's a top LB and crumbles when it matters.

Roberto started out as a great versatile option but the last three or so years have been a non-factor in this team. The combination of Covid and him suffering a number of bad lengthy muscle injuries, he looks nowhere near the player he once was when he's somehow fit. Sure he wasn't starter material but he was a lot better in his Lucho years and Early EV years. 1 year deal is basically a pitty contract. Don't think he'll ever get back to proper levels considering he turns 30 this year and he's getting more injured as time goes on.

Home of Barca Fans