Sergi Roberto

DinhoR10

Invisible on pitch as usual. I don't get all these people, who think he might be Xavi's replacement.

Invisible? Did you watch the game? He set up Montoya and made great passes all game, and he wasn't even playing in CM, he was playing DM in Busquets' role with two attacking mids (Borderline forwards) infront of him.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Invisible on pitch as usual. I don't get all these people, who think he might be Xavi's replacement.

When was the last time you saw Xavi pull a Ronaldinho that role requires you to be invisible and pop up at the right place at the right time for the pass. Sergi was easily one of the best players in the first half

anguy

Invisible? Did you watch the game? He set up Montoya and made great passes all game, and he wasn't even playing in CM, he was playing DM in Busquets' role with two attacking mids (Borderline forwards) infront of him.

I watched maybe 35 minutes o first and 40 of second half.
Maybe it was because he played as DM, but I really saw nothing special from him. Plus he played against subs (I believe Huelvo used subs in first half too, like Barca). Montoya didn't look that great either.

When was the last time you saw Xavi pull a Ronaldinho that role requires you to be invisible and pop up at the right place at the right time for the pass. Sergi was easily one of the best players in the first half

Xavi in his best years was never invisible. And team didn't really create any chances in first half for which is partly responsible as midfielder, even as DM.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

I watched maybe 35 minutes o first and 40 of second half.
Maybe it was because he played as DM, but I really saw nothing special from him. Plus he played against subs (I believe Huelvo used subs in first half too, like Barca). Montoya didn't look that great either.

And Xavi in his best years was never invisible.

Well I watched the whole first half, he was overshadowed by the flashy messi like skills of halilovic but When I saw sergi on the ball I saw him cool and collected, made passes with at most two touches and played just how you expect a Barca central midfielder. You couldn't have asked for more from him short of abandoning his position and running forward in an attempt to score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Captain Roberto.

10549817_658796417539997_1040844321_n.jpg

BarcaJack

If Sergi can defend and do more accurate long passes he will become a quality player. It's a bit weird but I can't remember him doing a long diagonal pass to our wingers. (a very typical move for Xavi and Thiago, and I believe it's of some tactical importance)

DinhoR10

If Sergi can defend and do more accurate long passes he will become a quality player. It's a bit weird but I can't remember him doing a long diagonal pass to our wingers. (a very typical move for Xavi and Thiago, and I believe it's of some tactical importance)

That was my main thing with him, finally showed it this game though, hopefully he can do it in an actual competitive match though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caramel

Barça has got to be one of the most unattractive teams on the top level. That's got to change.
He's hot, keep him.

off course he won't, he's just a decent homegrown reliable squad player who will never leave barca if getting enough playing time.
one of the 6 midfielders, no more no less but very useful.
good enough to beat 85% of the barca opposition.

Home of Barca Fans