Sergi Roberto

The hype he got is why La Masia is overrated. People act like every guy who comes out of La Masia is gonna be world class. Best academy in the world, but still overrated.

L

linetty

The hype he got is why La Masia is overrated. People act like every guy who comes out of La Masia is gonna be world class. Best academy in the world, but still overrated.
What hype? I've never seen someone praise him really, everyone say he's average.

L

linetty

There were a lot of :worthy:s on this thread last summer. I even saw one guy claim he was our best midfield prospect since Iniesta :rofl1:
Most of those claims are not really 100% serious and it's normal that people have big expectations for players from the academy that produced so many legends. Many people go overboard but that's just how it is.

Butaan4barca

i was the one praising him all last summer that he will excel. I am still holding my ground on that. well never said the iniesta part. But i genuinely believe he has the skill and personality. he is just a little shy to try that extra out. If someone can get in his head and pushes him a little, and then he start to fire all cylinders. I am very confident he has got in inside him. he could be our midfielder for the next 7-8 years easily. he is the one.

But now that i see helalovic, (rafina i believe will be used in more advances position). I think if he (roberto) doesn't click this season, next season helalovic is taking over and maybe management will lose their patience will robertoo. This season he has to give it all. No more averageness.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Roberto has all the qualities to excel in the Xavi role he just needs an injection of confidence from the coach to shine

DinhoR10

Indeed. Or people forgot how good Xavi was in his prime:

Don't think anyone is saying when he's 28 he'll be the same as Xavi when he was 28. But they have similar skill sets so that's why there's the comparison.

I think he'll make it, don't know why else the club haven't sold him if they don't have confidence in him. Only time will tell I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L

linetty

Sergi Roberto: "Defensive midfielder on Saturday? It's a new position for me, but I'm here to help the team. I'd play at centre back too."

Now I'm seriously scared. First Bravo, then Rakitić and now Roberto? Something stinky is going on.

L

linetty

Sergi Roberto: "Captain on Saturday? It was an honour for me to be captain for the first time. I think we played a good game."

Sergi Roberto: "Renewal? Not thinking about that now. If it was for me, I'd stay at Barça my whole career, but now I focus on working hard."

Sergi Roberto: "Luis Enrique decisive for me staying? It's true he already knows me, I worked with him, but my idea was anyhow to stay."

F

Flavia

Sergi Roberto: "Defensive midfielder on Saturday? It's a new position for me, but I'm here to help the team. I'd play at centre back too."

Now I'm seriously scared. First Bravo, then Rakitić and now Roberto? Something stinky is going on.

Hahaha, I hope it's a joke about the lack of cb's we have. Maybe they're worried and are trying to get attention to that...

Home of Barca Fans