Sergi Roberto

F

Flavia

I think we would not have enough midfielders if we loan him out. Especially considering Song not to be in the squad at the beginning of the season.

Iniesta, Xavi, Rakitic and Rafinha are enough. 4 players, 2 positions. A 5th player wouldn't play much, the b-teamers would help if needed.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Not really. Rakitic and Rafinha will play. And Sergi isn't good enough to play in that position, anyway.

We have 3 midfielders in our formation. The pivot is reserved for Busi and hopefully Masch.
Let's say in front of them Iniesta and Rakitic are the 1st choices. So the only players you want to replace them are Rafinha and Xavi? One serious injury and we are fucked.

You have to have depth everywhere to win anything. I am considering Sergi a squad player so I would like him in that role in midfield. He would be the 1st sub if one of the better players are rested and Sergi could start vs lesser opposition.

And talking about the Barca B players. There is a reason Samper etc. are in the B squad. They should play a whole season in Liga Adelante and only get called up in exceptional situations. Our 2nd squad is probably going to have a roller coaster season and Eusebio should be able to constantly work with all his players to secure the league as soon as possible.

L

linetty

Busi/Masche/Song - Iniesta/Rafinha - Rakitić/Xavi/Samper

Where's the problem?

F

Flavia

We have 3 midfielders in our formation. The pivot is reserved for Busi and hopefully Masch.
Let's say in front of them Iniesta and Rakitic are the 1st choices. So the only players you want to replace them are Rafinha and Xavi? One serious injury and we are fucked.

You have to have depth everywhere to win anything. I am considering Sergi a squad player so I would like him in that role in midfield. He would be the 1st sub if one of the better players are rested and Sergi could start vs lesser opposition.

And talking about the Barca B players. There is a reason Samper etc. are in the B squad. They should play a whole season in Liga Adelante and only get called up in exceptional situations. Our 2nd squad is probably going to have a roller coaster season and Eusebio should be able to constantly work with all his players to secure the league as soon as possible.

I don't consider roberto a good sub for any midfield position. If any injuries occur, the b players can help. I'd rather play halilovic or samper, instead of roberto. 2 players per position is depth. There really isn't a need for 3 or 4 1st teamers per position.

Busi/Masche/Song - Iniesta/Rafinha - Rakitić/Xavi/Samper

Where's the problem?

Busi/Masch/Samper, Xavi/Rafinha/Rakitic, Iniesta/Rafinha/Rakitic/Halilovic would be more accurate.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Roberto won't even get any rhythm just playing on the bench. However, Samper/Halilovic/Babunski/etc. would benefit from a few first team appearances. Roberto is better off playing regularly at a team in La Liga.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well his best performances were against Valerenga, Lechia Gdansk, and Helsinki. Sounds like a loan somewhere around the Scandinavian region would do him best.

Home of Barca Fans