Sergi Samper

Antimadridista1

I know what you mean but I don't think he has a real chance at barca compared to what we expected a few years ago. I'd love to be proved wrong though cause he was one of my favourite players. Although the transfer ban may allow him to get a chance next season. Is he only on loan for a season? Baring in mind the difference in quality between barca and Porto though. Would have liked him to have gone on loan to a Spanish team.

Nop the club loaned him for two seasons and the website "weloba" announced that Porto told Tello they want to keep him and will pay his clause so I don't think that he will come back to Barcelona.
His buy-out clause in only 8m euro and I'm pretty sure that Porto will sell him for 25/30m in a few years.

Zangash

Banned
With Xavi leaving and the club deciding to leave Suarez at Sevilla for the second season Lucho should have little choice but to promote Samper next season.

Although with Lucho's logic we'll probably see Patric get promoted and sit on the bench all season.

BBZ8800

I don't have too much faith in young players in general, and yet, Samper was the player in whom I trusted the most from the current generation (I don't believe in any other current youngster except in Samper and somewhat in Munir).

But, he hasn't improved too much in this Season, plus people who watch him more often say that he defends badly for a Dmc.

Also, if reports are true that he is scared currently and that a battle against relegation is too stressful for him, lol, I am losing my hope in him.
If a relegation battle from a 2nd div is stressful, how will he cope with a CL knockout matches and La liga deciding matches?

(Before someone replies: he is young, he will have more mental strength over years)
Well, he is 20, and not 8 years old.)

So, if these stories are true, I don't have too high hopes for him anymore.

I don't have too much faith in young players in general, and yet, Samper was the player in whom I trusted the most from the current generation (I don't believe in any other current youngster except in Samper and somewhat in Munir).

But, he hasn't improved too much in this Season, plus people who watch him more often say that he defends badly for a Dmc.

Also, if reports are true that he is scared currently and that a battle against relegation is too stressful for him, lol, I am losing my hope in him.
If a relegation battle from a 2nd div is stressful, how will he cope with a CL knockout matches and La liga deciding matches?

(Before someone replies: he is young, he will have more mental strength over years)

Where did you read that? From what I've heard, he's level headed and is a leader a bit like Xavi (not Puyol). Maybe he's one of the professionals who blames himself when the whole team plays like shit.

Also, to add to that, it doesn't look at Vinyals likes him as the single pivot. He's playing a double pivot with Patric and someone else.

But then again, next season, he'll probably get minutes as well Munir, Roberto and Rafinha. They're Lucho's favorites.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

He played well in the CL. I think you can have a little faith. But not too much, there's always the next Bojan.

Zangash

Banned

Wouldn't read too much into those stories about him being stressed or scared. I've only heard that come from Vinyals and that guy really doesn't have a clue.

And actually, he's improved a lot this season. Compared to last season there's quite a noticeable change in his on field presence, imo. He's probably the only player on the B team with a legitimate shot of making the first squad.

BBZ8800

Where did you read that? From what I've heard, he's level headed and is a leader a bit like Xavi (not Puyol). Maybe he's one of the professionals who blames himself when the whole team plays like shit.

One user (not a troll, but a normal user) posted that he has read that in some papers or something like that.
(Vinyals said that)

I know that Samper should have been the next Xavi etc.
And let's hope that this rumour is false.

Zangash

Banned
Whether Vinyals really said it or not doesn't matter to me. He could say Adama is a hard worker and that he's leading the team and I would laugh that off, too.

We should reserve any further judgement on him until we see him with the first team at this point. The B team is a sinking ship if I've ever seen one and it's unfair to lose faith in him over a rumor that he may not like getting his feet wet.

khaled_a_d

I think that one of the main things to judge a football academy i the developing of the young players
Last year we were 3rd in Segunda and Youth CL champions ,now we are fighting a relegation and odds are against us to avoid it and lost the youth CL in 1/8 finals .and truth is I could care less about those results
What worries me is the player development ,Last year players like Suarez ,Samper,Adama,Sandro, Sanabria b4 he left .all were steadily improving with B team .with players like Munir developing with Juvenil A
Right now it doesn't seem _at least for B team_ that any one has that improvement ,it seems a wasted year in their development and that is a dangerous sign .
I wonder if with a proper coaching and squad planning if those players would have looked much better this year ,at least a couple of them

Samper isn't my favorite prospect ,and I always wondered if he is gonna be a squad player or a true star in 1st team .always gave me mixed signs but lately I am not convinced ,tbh people saying he must be promoted is wrong IMO .he isn't good enough yet and losing his place in Barcelona B is alarming even with clueless coach .I would hope to see him between B team and 1st team next year .but a full promotion might be a bit of wasting his time again ,a little too soon .let him with Barca B .players can get promoted any time during the season .I hope him and Halilovic will accept staying with B team .they could really benefit from 1 year there ,Halilovic has a promotion clause and Samper with low Buyout both could force a promotion or loan rather than playing in 3rd division next year though

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Samper isn't my favorite prospect ,and I always wondered if he is gonna be a squad player or a true star in 1st team .always gave me mixed signs but lately I am not convinced ,tbh people saying he must be promoted is wrong IMO .he isn't good enough yet and losing his place in Barcelona B is alarming even with clueless coach .I would hope to see him between B team and 1st team next year .but a full promotion might be a bit of wasting his time again ,a little too soon .let him with Barca B .players can get promoted any time during the season .I hope him and Halilovic will accept staying with B team .they could really benefit from 1 year there ,Halilovic has a promotion clause and Samper with low Buyout both could force a promotion or loan rather than playing in 3rd division next year though

Yes.

Things aren't looking good.
I personally don't think that the coaches are that much to blame.

6-12 Months ago, people were saying that we will have 4 world class Fcs from a Bteam:
-- Deulo, Adama, Sandro, Munir and how they should all play in the first team in the future
-- currently:
1. Deulo is Deulo
2. Adama is very raw, and far from a 1st player in terms of decisions and IQ
3. Munir stagnated since the beginning of the Season
4. Sandro hasn't improved this Season (I personally never seen anything in him, and with the time passing, he has less and less chances in he won't improve drastically, which isn't happening currently)

I personally believed only in Samper and somewhat in Munir.
But, imo, Samper stagnated this year, plus some weaknesses (defensive game, for example) were exposed this year.
Also, if he really is scared to play, that is a big, big NO for his chances to become a Barca player in the future.

People were expecting 4-5 players from this generation probably.
In the end, it is more likely that we will have 0-1 (eventually 2 players if will be extremely lucky) from this bunch of players.

Again, a lot of users are putting the blame on the board, coaches, but imo, while I agree that the coaches weren't perfect, but this was just a normal/typical La Masia's season, like from 1998, 2000, 2000 or 2004.
This is how La Masia always worked.
You either get 0 or 1 playable player per Season.

But again, people were spoiled with a golden era of Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Fab, Pique, Thiago, and too many fans started to believe that 2-3 awesome players from La Masia is our average, while the real average is 0-1 players.

I will still hope for Munir and Samper, and I will wait 1 more Season before I will write them off.
But again, this seems just like a normal/average La Masia's season like any other in the last 20 years (except in those insanely lucky golden years)

khaled_a_d

^^^^ The one thing that is alarming about the board and coached is the lack improvement ,It isn't about meeting the standards of Barca 1st team player but actual improvement .Munir&Adama were improving every game last year .this season they are taking backward steps .This team also lacks the system that helps players to show their talent ,I have been Adama biggest critic but many times the game plan was just give him or Alen the ball and let them roll .while both can be selfish to an idiotic levels by their own but the team also forcing them to do that
The only player that shown improvement for me is Alen actually ,it is baby steps and slow progress but he is embracing the role the coach is giving ,tracking back and fighting for the ball and playing more deep .still many holes in his game nevertheless .
I am not writing anyone off yet ,many of those kids has potential and can at least be contributing players like Bartra/Montoya/Rafinha/Roberto if not better . in this market it would cost 10M-15M to get a decent back up for us

Ritchie

The B team has thrown a few years away under Eusobio as he hasn't developed players. Whether they're playing in second of third division next season doesn't matter. What matters is the individual coaching and development of the best players. It looks like a sparse generation in terms of producing first team talent but Samper, Adama, Munir and Grimaldo are still promising.

Home of Barca Fans