Sergi Samper

6-12 Months ago, people were saying that we will have 4 world class Fcs from a Bteam:
-- Deulo, Adama, Sandro, Munir and how they should all play in the first team in the future
-- currently:
1. Deulo is Deulo
2. Adama is very raw, and far from a 1st player in terms of decisions and IQ
3. Munir stagnated since the beginning of the Season
4. Sandro hasn't improved this Season (I personally never seen anything in him, and with the time passing, he has less and less chances in he won't improve drastically, which isn't happening currently)

I personally believed only in Samper and somewhat in Munir.
But, imo, Samper stagnated this year, plus some weaknesses (defensive game, for example) were exposed this year.
Also, if he really is scared to play, that is a big, big NO for his chances to become a Barca player in the future.

People were expecting 4-5 players from this generation probably.
In the end, it is more likely that we will have 0-1 (eventually 2 players if will be extremely lucky) from this bunch of players.

Again, a lot of users are putting the blame on the board, coaches, but imo, while I agree that the coaches weren't perfect, but this was just a normal/typical La Masia's season, like from 1998, 2000, 2000 or 2004.
This is how La Masia always worked.
You either get 0 or 1 playable player per Season.

But again, people were spoiled with a golden era of Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Fab, Pique, Thiago, and too many fans started to believe that 2-3 awesome players from La Masia is our average, while the real average is 0-1 players.

I will still hope for Munir and Samper, and I will wait 1 more Season before I will write them off.
But again, this seems just like a normal/average La Masia's season like any other in the last 20 years (except in those insanely lucky golden years)

How on earth do people still consider Adama as a prospect? Dear lord he needs to grow a footballing brain outta nowhere right now. (I was hoping that would happen for years now)

I'll be MORE than happy if we get even one star from this generation. Although, this could be the sign that Samper will be moved more further forward. He can read games really well, even at such a young age. He's never disappointed when playing in the first team.

I don't really know about Munir, he needs service to play well, but he does have IQ (although most players look like geniuses when they're in the same team as Adama).

Gaudi

Yes.

Things aren't looking good.
I personally don't think that the coaches are that much to blame.

6-12 Months ago, people were saying that we will have 4 world class Fcs from a Bteam:
-- Deulo, Adama, Sandro, Munir and how they should all play in the first team in the future
-- currently:
1. Deulo is Deulo
2. Adama is very raw, and far from a 1st player in terms of decisions and IQ
3. Munir stagnated since the beginning of the Season
4. Sandro hasn't improved this Season (I personally never seen anything in him, and with the time passing, he has less and less chances in he won't improve drastically, which isn't happening currently)

I personally believed only in Samper and somewhat in Munir.
But, imo, Samper stagnated this year, plus some weaknesses (defensive game, for example) were exposed this year.
Also, if he really is scared to play, that is a big, big NO for his chances to become a Barca player in the future.

People were expecting 4-5 players from this generation probably.
In the end, it is more likely that we will have 0-1 (eventually 2 players if will be extremely lucky) from this bunch of players.

Again, a lot of users are putting the blame on the board, coaches, but imo, while I agree that the coaches weren't perfect, but this was just a normal/typical La Masia's season, like from 1998, 2000, 2000 or 2004.
This is how La Masia always worked.
You either get 0 or 1 playable player per Season.

But again, people were spoiled with a golden era of Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Fab, Pique, Thiago, and too many fans started to believe that 2-3 awesome players from La Masia is our average, while the real average is 0-1 players.

I will still hope for Munir and Samper, and I will wait 1 more Season before I will write them off.
But again, this seems just like a normal/average La Masia's season like any other in the last 20 years (except in those insanely lucky golden years)

Couldn't agree more, I was saying the same thing...to get one great player it's great work, 2 is amaizing...3 or more is unbelievable.
We are both from Croatia, and it's a bit different here, Dinamo can produce 5-6 players because they are good for our league but pur for europe...Barca in first 11, basically need all great players. Even our goldne generation is not a generation it is many generations.

BarcaBarcaBarca

I saw samper v numancia for the b team last season and thought he was terrific, far better than Denis suarez that day. However, I thought he should have played further forward that a defensive midfielder and still think he'd fit the iniesta role better. I suggested this to the young culés Twitter page and was shot down instantly. Doesn't have the physical presence or height for a dm like busquets.

I saw samper v numancia for the b team last season and thought he was terrific, far better than Denis suarez that day. However, I thought he should have played further forward that a defensive midfielder and still think he'd fit the iniesta role better. I suggested this to the young culés Twitter page and was shot down instantly. Doesn't have the physical presence or height for a dm like busquets.

Yeah he plays too much like a Pirlo to be our holding DM imo, doesn't have the positional discipline nor the defensive abilities to make it as our first choice DM unless he has two box to box midfielders next to him or unless he's in a double pivot-esque situation with busi.

Zinedinho

I've been saying that Samper should play in the Iniesta/Xavi position for a long time, since I saw him play with Cadete A or B (I don't remember). He has too much flair to restrict him to the DM role. And now that Sergi Roberto seems to have found a place as a DM and Xavi is leaving, I hope Luis Enrique has that same vision.

navidjaan

I've been saying that Samper should play in the Iniesta/Xavi position for a long time, since I saw him play with Cadete A or B (I don't remember). He has too much flair to restrict him to the DM role. And now that Sergi Roberto seems to have found a place as a DM and Xavi is leaving, I hope Luis Enrique has that same vision.

Very good point. Samper himself has also said that he is ready to play at the CM and that he has done it before in his earlier La Masia days.

Jombi

Xavi also started out as DM and moved to CM. Now Xavi will be gone, so lets hope Samper can make the transition post-Xavi as smooth as possible for us.

khaled_a_d

Problem is Lucho himself was asked about that and he said Samper is a DM .Also we play more of a LCM/RCM now than a true CM .
And Samper lacks some qualities for CM .he still can't control the tempo and rhythm of the game .he is basically a player who would surprise you with a couple of gr8 passes every game but he doesn't have that Xavi ability to control midfield
Kid has ton of work to do tbh ,a lot of reasons to be optimistic with his vision and intelligence but I am not high on him as I did 6 months ago tbh
Still believe best option to let him between Barca B and 1st team next year

Jombi

Problem is Lucho himself was asked about that and he said Samper is a DM .Also we play more of a LCM/RCM now than a true CM .
And Samper lacks some qualities for CM .he still can't control the tempo and rhythm of the game .he is basically a player who would surprise you with a couple of gr8 passes every game but he doesn't have that Xavi ability to control midfield
Kid has ton of work to do tbh ,a lot of reasons to be optimistic with his vision and intelligence but I am not high on him as I did 6 months ago tbh
Still believe best option to let him between Barca B and 1st team next year

Doesnt he have a clause that requires us to promote him to first team next season?

Home of Barca Fans