Sergi Samper

God Serena

Perhaps it isn't an issue of Lucho preferring Gumbau. Whenever Samper is called up to the first team he usually plays in some capacity. For all the time Gumbau has been with the first team, he hasn't even gotten a sniff of first team minutes. Perhaps Lucho just wanted Samper to get minutes with the B team? Who knows, if he's actually needed here he could be the one Lucho calls on, not Gumbau.

I realize I'm being overly optimistic but I suppose I can't help but assume our treble winning coach isn't stupid.

Neimax

Roberto looked decent as cm but he was better as dm.
Yeah, maybe he looked decent, but not good enough for our level. Maybe Samper has the quality to cover this position in some years, but we'll never know unless our coach gives him some minutes there. And yes I know that Lucho already said that for him Samper is a dm and no cm but let me dream haha.

khaled_a_d

Babunski, Gumbau ,Samper is our starting midfield for Barca B and so far Samper has been the worst between all 3
People need to calm down the hype, kid has talent but he isn't ready and unfortunately he took few steps back during 2015

noteiverse

Bull****. I've watched 3 Barca B games this season and while Samper is yes a bit underwhelming he's not been the "worst between all 3".
You're just a Samper hater who's been putting down the kid for ages.

Neimax

Babunski, Gumbau ,Samper is our starting midfield for Barca B and so far Samper has been the worst between all 3
People need to calm down the hype, kid has talent but he isn't ready and unfortunately he took few steps back during 2015

It's obvious he won't develop much in the B team, that's why you have to give him some chances in the first team. He has a very high football IQ and a fine technique, the only thing he lacks is physical strenght, but that's something he can develop over the coming years. If there's a chance for him to break through, it's now as we really lack midfielders at the moment. From January onwards Arda is able to play and in summer we will probably buy Pogba and also Rafinha is back so i don't think he'll get a better chance than now.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I think Lucho should call him up. Give him any minutes he was going to give Rafinha in midfield and let Munir/Sandro get Rafinha's minutes up front.

What a devastating injury this is.

khaled_a_d

Bull****. I've watched 3 Barca B games this season and while Samper is yes a bit underwhelming he's not been the "worst between all 3".
You're just a Samper hater who's been putting down the kid for ages.

Actually I was one of the kid biggest fans, but he has been dissapointing for some time now and he gave me more reason not to expect much of him. I am a barca fan so I don't hate on any of our players. still can't beleive people here call each other by that
And please tell me who was worse than him? Babunski who has been standout this season? or Gumbau who actually improved a lot and many had to admit he has played better than Samper?
Samper had 3 stupid yellow cards in first 3 games and failed to control the midfield at all. Sadly non of our midfilders did either

khaled_a_d

It's obvious he won't develop much in the B team, that's why you have to give him some chances in the first team. He has a very high football IQ and a fine technique, the only thing he lacks is physical strenght, but that's something he can develop over the coming years. If there's a chance for him to break through, it's now as we really lack midfielders at the moment. From January onwards Arda is able to play and in summer we will probably buy Pogba and also Rafinha is back so i don't think he'll get a better chance than now.

The only players that didn't develop in b team but was able to ddevelop in 1st I remember was Cuenca and he was loaned .every other player had to grow being too good for b team. Samper isn't there yet
Also Samper is technically gifted for DM but not enough for Barca CM which is the position we need
That said, I would prefer Samper over Gumbau if. Lucho decide to count on Barca B player though my 1st chice is Babunski

barcanuck

Praying the only positive of Rafinha's injury is Samper getting first team time. This kid deserves a shot, never seen him play badly for the first team.

noteiverse

Actually I was one of the kid biggest fans, but he has been dissapointing for some time now and he gave me more reason not to expect much of him. I am a barca fan so I don't hate on any of our players. still can't beleive people here call each other by that
And please tell me who was worse than him? Babunski who has been standout this season? or Gumbau who actually improved a lot and many had to admit he has played better than Samper?
Samper had 3 stupid yellow cards in first 3 games and failed to control the midfield at all. Sadly non of our midfilders did either

Last time I checked he’s a DM, it’s not his bloody job to control the game. By that logic why hasn’t Gumbau “controlled” any of the games so far?? And against Hospitalet it was Gumbau who sucked the most in that midfield not Samper. Also Babunski had 1 solid game so far, one, that doesn’t make him a standout. Barca B has been a collective failure so far and you’re making Samper a scapegoat. Like I said: hater.

khaled_a_d

Last time I checked he’s a DM, it’s not his bloody job to control the game. By that logic why hasn’t Gumbau “controlled” any of the games so far?? And against Hospitalet it was Gumbau who sucked the most in that midfield not Samper. Also Babunski had 1 solid game so far, one, that doesn’t make him a standout. Barca B has been a collective failure so far and you’re making Samper a scapegoat. Like I said: hater.

Last time I checked people here wants him to be a CM and we don't need DM to replace Rafinha but they talk about Samper for that freakin position
And DM in Barcelona plays huge role in controlling midfield just like Busquets does .
And since you read my posts "for ages" you would have known I rate Gumbau way behind Samper .I never expected him to control a midfield since he is just a physical "muscle" player in the team
And Babunski has been the revelation of midfield since the start of the pre-season .kid finally is showing his talent .hopefully Samper (who has much more talent) will step up .I would be the happiest if he turns out the greatest midfielder in the world
But whatever ,you will read what you want from my post and keep saying I am hater lol

Home of Barca Fans