Sergi Samper

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It's baffling how fast Lucho changed his mind, he played the kid in CL match as a starter and now Gumbau and Camara are ahead of him:facepalm:

BBZ8800

Can see him leaving and then in a couple of years or so, we will pay a huge amount to get him back.

Well...

There are a few scenarios:
1. we are making a huge mistake, and we will buy him in a few years for 30-40 M
2. he will go away and have a very good career in clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Sevilla or Valencia
-- but he will never be good enough for Barca's standard (and we won't try to bring him back)
3. there is also a huge possibility that he will be a huge flop and that he won't good enough for Arsenal or Sevilla, and that he will play in Levante and Getafe his whole career

Samper was one of 1-2 players in whom I had faith that he could actually play in Barca (unlike Deulo, Adama, Halil and tons of others), but the more time goes by, I somehow believe in Lucho's and staff's judgements.
Munir, Sandro, Roberto, Rafinha, a lot of young players are getting a lot of chances, even when they are faaaar from good displays.
On the other hand, I am 100% on Lucho's side in cases of Deulo and Adama and I understand why he didn't give them too many chances.
Also, Lucho doesn't believe in Bartra too much, he is 100% right again in that case, imo.

So, imo, Lucho hasn't done too many mistakes regarding young players. (Even though, Gumbau's case really is strange...)
So:
1. either something is horribly wrong with Samper (which coaches can see on training grounds)
2. or Lucho is making the biggest mistake in the history of football

It seems, sadly, that Samper will be one of those guys from Xavi's story when Xavi said that he has seen 200 players who had more potential than him in younger teams. But in the end, he turned out to be the only player who made it at Barca.

I always said that people jump from one hype train to another hype train whenever one player stagnates or fails.
But I am forced to do the same now.
I am putting my hopes now in Lee, as the No1 potential to make it at Barca :(

Last edited:

Galning

Won't be surprised if he leaves in a year. More players will be signed for the midfield and it looks like Lucho prefers Gumbau and Camara over him right now.

Wenger lurking in the shadows too...... Promise of 1st team action while being ignored by the 1st team management might woo him after he previously declined similar offers.

He's outta here. A kid with his talent, no time during pre-season with lots of players missing, now two other Barça B players ahead of him while two midfielders are out injured.. no way he's staying another year. He won't be magically promoted to the first team next summer. That much is clear.

Barcafan 2304

Can't blame him really. If he can find progress elsewhere he would be mad not to take it. Got a feeling we will regret it. I wrote a few weeks back he has to knuckle down and I'll admit, I was wrong. He will look at the likes of gumbau getting closer than him to a call up and be pissed off and understandably so. Sad situation

hardyboy

Barto needs to intervene and give strict orders to Lucho for calling him up instead of Gambau and Camara. Losing him to Arsenal would piss me off even more than Thiago..

Icarium

Lifestealer
I hope he leaves as early as possible. He needs to play in a team which has more confidence in him. Playing in fucking segunda b is not helping. Obviously he will never get a chance at the first team. Why prolong it, if he moves early he will have better chances of succeeding.

Barcafan 2304

Barto needs to intervene and give strict orders to Lucho for calling him up instead of Gambau and Camara. Losing him to Arsenal would piss me off even more than Thiago..

Can't see that happening unfortunately. This will end badly and we will lose him. Such a shame

silvia

Bartomeu is having fun selling la masia gifts. it is on lucho and also on the whole club.
Gumbau is not even lamasia players strictly. he was bought. and he is given a minutes with first team? i can't accept that.
Look how Samper has been patient. but you can't always demand loyalty to youngsters. give and take. fans and staffs must be patient too.
even the 'inflexible' pep said he will adapt to players' style. and actually Gotze was given enough minutes to show. It is different because he is not from youth team. but for an example.
I don't know how to express well. but at least Rosell felt guilty for not playing la masia players. obviously current club doesn't.

khaled_a_d

Then why is he not being played?

The board probably decided him to stay expecting him to be between Barca B and 1st team and that was b4 Lucho changing his mind .i.e they thought he would be in Gumbau place right now

Bartomeu is having fun selling la masia gifts. it is on lucho and also on the whole club.
Gumbau is not even lamasia players strictly. he was bought. and he is given a minutes with first team? i can't accept that.
Look how Samper has been patient. but you can't always demand loyalty to youngsters. give and take. fans and staffs must be patient too.
even the 'inflexible' pep said he will adapt to players' style. and actually Gotze was given enough minutes to show. It is different because he is not from youth team. but for an example.
I don't know how to express well. but at least Rosell felt guilty for not playing la masia players. obviously current club doesn't.

I would understand not accepting Gumbau playing over Samper because he is inferior player .that is a Valid argument
But because he isn't La Masia player? he is FC Barcelona player and that is enough to be treated fairly

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I hope he leaves as early as possible. He needs to play in a team which has more confidence in him. Playing in fucking segunda b is not helping. Obviously he will never get a chance at the first team. Why prolong it, if he moves early he will have better chances of succeeding.

If he goes to Arsenal, it is not like he will be back. Unless of course you want him to succeed regardless of FC Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans