Sergi Samper

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why shouldn't he? Its obvious coach doesn't trust him at all, despite huge holes in midfield. If he can't make it now, he knows he has probably no chance. Should he waste his career in Barca B team?

I don't think he will leave. If you notice, the likes of Gumbau aren't playing any significant minutes. Maybe Lucho feels it's better for Samper to play regularly with the B team rather than sitting on the senior squad's bench regularly. If Gumbau starts a game that's not early CDR, then we can say Samper has been passed over.

F

Flavia

I don't think he will leave. If you notice, the likes of Gumbau aren't playing any significant minutes. Maybe Lucho feels it's better for Samper to play regularly with the B team rather than sitting on the senior squad's bench regularly. If Gumbau starts a game that's not early CDR, then we can say Samper has been passed over.

If gumbau starts a cdr game over Samper, that's just another indicative he should leave.

silvia

The board probably decided him to stay expecting him to be between Barca B and 1st team and that was b4 Lucho changing his mind .i.e they thought he would be in Gumbau place right now

I would understand not accepting Gumbau playing over Samper because he is inferior player .that is a Valid argument
But because he isn't La Masia player? he is FC Barcelona player and that is enough to be treated fairly

yeah, giving inferior players minutes in first team is only acceptable when he is la masia player. i can wait, be patient and see how develops.
i can't be patient it to Gumbau. it is just my personal feelings.

Galning

This argument would makes sense if Gumbau didn't play ahead of him in friendlies as well. Was Samper being saved for Barça B during the pre-season tour too?

Bran the Greenseer

This is some reverse psychology pique training, Lucho will treat samper like shit then call him up and he'll be determined to prove himself.

Or Lucho just doesn't like midfielders with good playmaking abilities :lol:

God Serena

For some reason I find it hard to see Samper jumping ship because of one season in a league he's widely considered to be too good for. The past two seasons it was very clear that he needed to be with the B team, so there's no issue there. This season a strong case could be made for why he should leave, but seriously, it's just one bad season. If he was the type to throw all his loyalty to the club out of the window because one coach isn't using him at the exact moment he (And more vocally, his fans) wants him to then he'd have left for Arsenal a long, long time ago.

Samper is still my favorite B team prospect by some distance, but if one bad season at 20 years old when he has a certain promotion coming in the following season is enough to make him jump ship, then perhaps him leaving is for the best. He'll be on loan at Gijon in several seasons watching the likes of Alena or any other promising Masia midfielder his age take the opportunity that would have been afforded to him, just like a certain Paraguayan with a certain young striker that was promoted to the first team this season.

He's been at the club since he was 6 years old. If all it takes is one coach who may or may not even be here for the coming season is enough to make him leave, he can leave. Every last one of these kids is replaceable until they prove that they're not, and that applies to you whether your name is Adama, Gumbau, or Samper.

Home of Barca Fans