Sergi Samper

Egert

Estonian Culé
After appointment of Eusebio as new Real Sociedad coach, B players may join them on loan. Samper and Grimaldo could be options. [md]

Trickykid

I wonder what the hell possessed Sociedad to hire Eusebio?
Anyhow, I wouldn't mind much if they took Grimaldo or Samper on loan. Getting minutes in La Liga beats third division football no matter how you spin it.

F

Flavia

Anyhow, I wouldn't mind much if they took Grimaldo or Samper on loan. Getting minutes in La Liga beats third division football no matter how you spin it.

Well, they hired Moyes too. But I agree. Playing vs la liga teams is better than facing Llosetense and Olot.

God Serena

Isn't Illaramendi kind of filling that CDM spot? Hard to imagine Eusobio continuing to play Samper at CM so he'd probably be on the bench anyways.

khaled_a_d

Isn't Illaramendi kind of filling that CDM spot? Hard to imagine Eusebio continuing to play Samper at CM so he'd probably be on the bench anyways.

Eusebio played Samper a lot when he was in charge and he actually played well under him
And during his tenure he used a duo of CM/DM with Samper and Grimaldo .won't be surprised if same happened with Sociedad .that said I still prefer Samper to continue season with Barca B as CM there b4 moving to play in Liga
But I would be happy if we can find a deal to loan Grimaldo for 6 month and use the alleged option to renew him 1 more yer .Eusebio is the one who brought him to the team very early and kept using him in various positions .seem like he likes him as a player a lot and it seem mutual too

Eusebio results with Barca B are 8th,9th & 3rd in Segunda
Those are very good results for Barca B and for any reserve team ,specially finishing 3rd in his last full season
That happened only once in 2011 .but that team was coached by Lucho who is now considered one of the best coaches in the world and has players like Thiago,Nolito ,Soriano,Bartra,Montoya etc .
So the guy has got very good results for a reserve team ,obviously his last season was a failure but that is duo to bad planning for the season when they gone full retard and built a team of 19-20 years old players entirely
His problem was that he coached a team that results doesn't matter ,his job is to prepare the players for 1st team and he wasn't good at that .for a team like Sociedad they care only about results so he isn't much of a bad choice as people making it
He was actually in the mix for Espanyol job back in 2014 . it was a matter of time b4 it happens and get a job in Liga

yahudi

Stop fluffing Eusebio, khaled - he was a shite coach, NO ONE developed under him, not a single one

He is right, though.

Eusebio results with Barca B are 8th,9th & 3rd in Segunda
Those are very good results for Barca B and for any reserve team ,specially finishing 3rd in his last full season
That happened only once in 2011 .but that team was coached by Lucho who is now considered one of the best coaches in the world and has players like Thiago,Nolito ,Soriano,Bartra,Montoya etc .
So the guy has got very good results for a reserve team ,obviously his last season was a failure but that is duo to bad planning for the season when they gone full retard and built a team of 19-20 years old players entirely
His problem was that he coached a team that results doesn't matter ,his job is to prepare the players for 1st team and he wasn't good at that .for a team like Sociedad they care only about results so he isn't much of a bad choice as people making it
He was actually in the mix for Espanyol job back in 2014 . it was a matter of time b4 it happens and get a job in Liga

Agree.

However, the 3rd place usually gets a bit overrated. Barca B actually had a really poor first half of that season and only got up to the 3rd place because of one good run of form and the Segunda being realy balanced that year.

khaled_a_d

Stop fluffing Eusebio, khaled - he was a shite coach, NO ONE developed under him, not a single one

I didn't say he has developed anyone .I said he liked Grimaldo .those are 2 different things man .
And actually I've said
His problem was that he coached a team that results doesn't matter ,his job is to prepare the players for 1st team and he wasn't good at that
SO I am not sure what are you even arguing here

Home of Barca Fans