Sergi Samper

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Still in disbelief over Lucho playing Samper, especially when he did...Never saw that coming as I was still reeling from the surprise of his inclusion for the match squad...Not sure I can read Lucho, at all

Samper played terrific as well, loved it

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Terrific? I wouldn't go that far..

31 passes, 96.8% pass accuracy, 1 key pass, 3 accurate long balls, 2 tackles in a good stretch of a CL match against a very strong pressing opponent...So definitely terrific...Looked composed and eager to show he was fearless pressing into attacks rather than just trying to avoid making mistakes

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Funny, I thought he was pretty much invisible but to each his own.
I am happy that he got a chance to play.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Havent seen the game yet but did he do enough to prove lucho wrong for leaving him in the b team

He did enough to be called up instead of Gumbau, that's for sure. But with Arda coming in soon, no. He looked comfortable'ish on the ball, he made some simple passes and 1 or 2 nice crosses. He looked awkward when running, it looked like he was running really fast but he actually wasn't - he was slow. Defensively he looked way out of place, positioning, pressing, ball recovery etc. But hey, he needs more experience before I can say anything - but like many of you have said, don't play him on DM. The CM 'Xavi role' suits him better.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He completed in 30 minutes more passes than any Roma player and only missed 1 :)

I hope this is a good sign that lucho now sees that he's more promising than Gumbau!!

Home of Barca Fans