Sergi Samper

jamrock

didnt even noticed busquets got subbed until the end of the game, compliments dont come much better than that

Galning

Already looked more at ease than Gumbau has ever looked. Finally got his chance and he took it. Well done, Samper!

J

Jamie Cal

Samper vs Roma: 31 passes, 96,8% pass accuracy, 1 key pass, 3 accurate long balls, 2 tackles #fcbblive [whoscored]

I know this is a nice stat, and I really do like Samper, but I find when people blow him over stuff like this to be really stupid. Like, he's coming into a game Barca are absolutely strolling with very little defensive threat, of course his pass accuracy'll be good.

It can be hard to clearly define what makes a great DM; there's a lot of stats that can masquerade as a good performance but not necessarily be all that important.

That said, I was over the moon to see him come one, thought he looked lovely on the ball, and I hope he sticks around with the first team.

Cule Finn

He's clearly a talented passer and technically very good. But he's not really an athlete yet, which really shows when he's defending. Physical attributes can however be improved overtime. We just need patience with him just like with every other young midfielder trying to get into the team.

J

Jamie Cal

"physical attributes" :lol:

Look at Busi:

2A29CFB000000578-0-image-m-12_1435825898570.jpg

No glamour muscles. No 6 pack. Doesn't matter a shit. This is Barcelona.

Cule Finn

"physical attributes" :lol:

Look at Busi:

You're right that when a player's positioning on the pitch is as good as it is with Busi, he doesn't need to be very fast or powerful. Although I'd say that Busi is surprisingly tough guy to play against considering his appearance. Samper just gives me an impression that he has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to agility and obviously strength in 1v1s.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

You're right that when a player's positioning on the pitch is as good as it is with Busi, he doesn't need to be very fast or powerful. Samper just gives me an impression that he has a lot of room for improvement when it comes to agility and obviously strength in 1v1s.

Samper is very fast tbf . he doesn't show it a lot but many times he had very fast sprints
That said ,even for non-muscular Busquets he is way stronger than Samper . he is at least have a body of an adult not a teenager along a height advantage
Positioning wise Busquets is unmatched too

Bran the Greenseer

I think his future is at CM but he played very well today. A potential problem for him is Roberto's sudden ability to play anywhere on the field including CM. But I feel like he's talented enough to make it here.

Home of Barca Fans