Sergiño Dest

fergus90

He had a decent run of games near El Clasico but in general he’s just not at the level. He’s was worth a gamble at the time but ultimately wasn’t even a permanent fixture in the Ajax side.

Messi983

He had a decent run of games near El Clasico but in general he’s just not at the level. He’s was worth a gamble at the time but ultimately wasn’t even a permanent fixture in the Ajax side.

That's why I'd be surprised if Zero Hag actually wants him. Ofc Dest was still very young at that time but Ajax never look at players age if they're good enough.

I think United might be desperate enough to go after Dest as they struggle to sign any of their targets (which is not something I think ETH expected when he signed for them) and he's one of the players ETH already knows.

Messi983

I wonder which RB they are looking to sign if they sell him.

Better not Bellerin. :lol:

Looking at the list of players with contracts expiring next year who could probably be signed for cheap I think Youcef Atal could be interesting but his injury history scares me. There is probably also a reason why he's still at Nice despite being linked with a move to better clubs for the past 2-3 years.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/youcef-atal/verletzungen/spieler/416108

Last edited:

Messi983

As underwhelming as Dest has been Bellerin would be a downgrade

tru

Malo Gusto is another one I keep my eye on (under contract until 2024) but at this point he would be a similar signing to what Dest was two years ago. Still far from a finished product. And I've also liked a few games I've seen from Geertruida (Feyenoord) but again probably a risky signing.

If we're looking for someone who can make immediate impact (which is likely since Azpi was primary target) then I could see going after Meunier if available for cheap. Not a big fan but could be a starter this season and also wouldn't be in the way if we decide to bring a younger RB in next year or two.

Dest is a solid pickup for a low pressure development squad like Dortmund, Brighton or PSG.

I see what you did there. :nasser:

Porque

Well Malo Gusto will have two years of Ligue1 exP inspite his age. So a much more developed player than Dest when signed.

A few names will popup over the next season. Over at Valencia for LB they have Jesus Vasquez coming through along with Gaya expiring. A year can make a big difference to the landscape.

Devils

We need to get rid of this Yank. He's just too terrible.

We also need a #NoYanks policy here at Barca. Their hyped up talents have a 99.99% chance of failure.

Same goes for Turks.

Givenchy

I've seen some reports about a possible swap with Dalot. Probably just BS but how do you guys rate him compared to Dest?

He's trash also but in ten Hags plans. If United want Dest they can offer straight cash, wouldn't want any of their players in return.

ajnotkeith

Dest and Xavi was over after that Bayern game. Xavi has never stopped blaming him for that.

That game was the end for Dest at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans